60cm Journal

fordayzbro

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

scrape the eggs off the glass with a blade, and put them in a separate tank with some water from the present tank and some new water.

Then we can play the "guess the egg" game :o

Only got the one tank so hopefully the Emerald eye's don't like the taste of otto fry....

I think they might be from the Otto's, one of them seems to be very interested in the eggs

Can't see any otto fry, hope some survive but it's unlikely.

Most of the thread algae has gone now :) Reducing the lights down to 2 hours per day, water changes and manually removing what I can seems to have done the trick. :wink: I'll keep that up for 1 more day then increase the lights to 5 hours or so to kickstart the glosso.

The glosso needed trimming and replanting in a couple areas where the algae took hold but shouldn't take long to bounce back.

Back on track :bounce:

Update

A few hours on the tank today... Replaced the white background for black, I think it shows up the Emerald eyes better (a bit shy in this photo)

Ripped out the glosso, trimmed off all areas badly affected by thread algae, gave it a good wash and replanted, moss stones washed and trimmed.

Sand and diffuser have been washed, inlet lily pipe has been moved (experiment :wink:)

Apologies for the wonky image :-? Couches are rubbish tripods :roll:

DSC_1390-1.jpg

Looking good.

Fill 'er right up so the lily pipe doesn't create so much surface agitation, it's blowing all your CO2 :P

Yeah, the photo was taken right after a water change, must of been a bit of air in there :-?

It's pretty full now :wink:

I moved the inlet pipe to the same side as the diffuser, some of the bubbles are being sucked up and pushed out of the outflow. Just an experiment.....

• 2 weeks later...
Wow you got otto's to breed that is very hard to do well done, have a search on that topic. Well done :hail: . I could only find a few examples of this befor.

None of the fry have survived :cry: Or none that I can see. If it happens again I'll try moving the eggs.

Cheers