C Adolfoi

Simian

I'm not sure how other people got on with their Adolfoi's from the last shipment but mine are spawning regularly, I have a few 1cm fry.

Of the 5 I bought I have 4 that survived the settling in period.

The issue I am having is the very small # of fertile eggs I get from each spawn and once you eliminate the weak and sickly or simply those that dont hatch fully, its gonna take a very long time for me to get a good sized breeding group going at this rate.

As most of you know I want to get these fish established in NZ again, I will pay full retail prices for mature fish.

If you have some that aren't breeding please consider selling them to me so I can expand my colony and get some decent numbers back into the market.

If you know anyone who only has 1 or 2 of them let them know about my offer, its such a waste to have them split up all over the place.

many thanks

Owen

Thanks Guys :P

KP you're on! If Grant could grab it that would be great.

And KP if you can be patient I'll make sure you get a healthy (and hopefully randy) group of NZ bred ones to keep the top of the South supplied.

:hail::hail:

I hope you are gonna come along to the conference Nav, I would like to meet you.

I know nothing at all about these but find that a greater percentage of good eggs comes with age

Im getting eggs from the Ameiti that I recieved a few weeks back but dont expect to get good numbers and a great percentage of good eggs for another 6 months. It may well be that time will help you

I havn't spawned mine,but my mate around the corner has had them reglarly spawning,but is ahving real trouble raising the fry past a certain stage.This seems to be a common problem.He's managed a few to adult size,but not many.

• 4 weeks later...

I only had one survive out of my group that I put into my 2.5m tank :cry:

But in the weekend I discovered a half sized youngster :bounce: (and possibly a couple of tiny fry) so they must have spawned at least once before leaving this mortal coil :bounce: .It was the most amazingly excitingly cool thing to discover. :bounce:

I remade the tank at Easter and since then I've had red whips successfuly spawning multiple times, a royal whip fry survive past the 6 wk stage and now the Adolfoi. And I'm still in the new tank stage.

• 2 weeks later...

I've actually seen 7 young adolfoi over the weekend. It's not enough to register a breeding but enough for me to think there is a chance of the group expanding over time. But if another shipment was to come in from Germany or wherever I'd buy a few to add to the genepool. With a bit of luck Simian and I might trade a few in a couple of years to mix up the genes.

They're definitely one of my favorite cories as well as Sterbai.

• 3 months later...