ADA 75-p lol

evil_elmo

It looks taller than the 75P, but not as wide. Is it 75x45x45?

It won't be too long before the glosso goes BOOM! and you get bored and get rid of everything eh? :lol:

That's how it goes :wink:

lol yes P44 it will be getting ripped down in a few months time lol!!.....next layout will be a blackwater biotope

the tank is 75x45x45 but i made the stand taller than the original ada stand as i wanted it at eye level when standing up plus i need it to match the height of my other tank in the room

DSC02001.jpg

??? eh?

I was referring to something evil_elmo did with 2 tanks in the past...

:oops: It's just typical of aquascapers overseas that do this style to tear down the scape after a few months. My bad :oops:

Nice Aros BTW

thanks sam....how is your rimless going?

Erm... not too good :oops: Plenty of algae and cyanobacteria but the fish don't seem to mind.

Best of luck with your aquarium :hail: Are you running a single halide?

lol yes P44 it will be getting ripped down in a few months time lol!!.....next layout will be a blackwater biotope

you brought tears to my eyes when you tore those tanks down :cry:

Those pendulum lights are really good. What spectrum is that bulb?

(PS- your big tank is missing its plants :P )

Erm... not too good :oops: Plenty of algae and cyanobacteria but the fish don't seem to mind.

Best of luck with your aquarium :hail: Are you running a single halide?

oh no not algae! hope it goes away for you

running a arcadia single 150MH

you brought tears to my eyes when you tore those tanks down :cry:

Those pendulum lights are really good. What spectrum is that bulb?

(PS- your big tank is missing its plants :P )

once i archives what i wanted the fun is gone and i want to start something new

the 150MH bulb is a 10k colour

Wow! Can't wait to see that glosso carpeted! :hail:

Are you using an external heater?

What's your photoperiod/ Co2 rate?

:bounce:

i'm not using a heater, my fish room sits about 20deg and when the light comes on the water temp gets to about 24deg

the light is on for 9 hours a day and co2 is @ one bubble a sec but will be going up to about 2-3bubbles a sec when the glosso settles in

it appears to be missing the clown loaches too or is this a new big tank?

loaches are all gone now and so are the discus.....i had too many fish and fish tanks so i only keeped my must haves which are my aro tanks and my reef tank

• 1 month later...
ha ha mean! now get some orange fish in there!

What's the point of putting fish in an open-top tank? They'll all jump out! When I first started fish keeping, I had a tiny 2cm gap right along the back of the tank. I lost just about all of my fish.

I know, but in most small tanks like this people tend to put small schooling fish like rasboras or small tetras. The only species of fish that I could think of for this tank that wouldn't jump would be an apisto or otocinclus, but that would just look boring. I'm a big fan of shoaling fish. They add movement and are usually very colourful.

The only species of fish that I could think of for this tank that wouldn't jump would be an apisto or otocinclus, but that would just look boring.

Ottos jump :o

Not all fish jump :roll:

+1 that. I've had fighters and killies in an open tank. Yes I did get the occasional jumper but it's not as common you you'd think.