Finally happy with tank layout - Update 22/04/2011

phoenix44

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well... I drew a nice picture of my tank at school. Very detailed. If only it really looked like that....

Buying me a gas can next week... (off topic but ohwell)

I'm after some more swords and probably some ... whatever type of sag I have in my tank.

well... I drew a nice picture of my tank at school. Very detailed. If only it really looked like that....

Buying me a gas can next week... (off topic but ohwell)

I'm after some more swords and probably some ... whatever type of sag I have in my tank.

Not anymore.

Off to bed now though, so doesn't matter.

Amazing... :o

I use salt just for somes fish diseases and out of the tank.

You used to add salt in your freshwater tank ?

What's the amount ?

You're talking about NaCl ? Not the Seachem salt for live bearer, isn't it ?

Sorry for all thoses questions but it's just -->Hein36.gif and :o

I'm with you Deepsound. People use salt for specific disease treatment, but many insist on using it all the time as a supposed preventative. Takes the fresh out of fresh water as far as I am concerned. :roll:

I add salt to my tanks - not a lot though - but just have never added it to a planted tank and thats why I was asking.

Sorry Phoenix :( if asking this here turned this post into less that something civil :roll:

You have been a great help to me :D

This forum is supposed to be for questions, answers and friendly peoples :D

Asking publicly is more helpful to most than sending a question by pm because a pmwhich means that only one person will benefit.

and... if your tank is thriving, which by the plants and fish it certainly is, why change what you do.

:lol:

its all good. not taking any thing personally haha. my plants and fish still doing well with salt in the tank and I suppose that's all that matters. :lol:

At least now people can make an informed decision about putting salt in their tanks. more so for those that are worried about catfish (including cories) / loaches and salt. where that myth came from I do not know :lol:

JehH's post on an OD of salt was interesting though. but then again with that conc. of salt I'd know i was doing something wrong.

i just add some salt. no specific amount.

pure NaCl. not the seachem stuff.

just like rock salt. not iodised either.

Thanks for your answer Phoenix :)

So, when do you put some live rocks and seahorses in your planted tank ? ;)

Well... I've been told about the osmoregulation part salt could have, but not on a long term period and only when fishes are stressed. And you got corys too. Wow... Real amazing... Cause on your picture, it seems there's a lot of salt.

DSC08642Small.jpg

Have you ever measure the gravity ? :lol:

I would be worry about the risk of an overdose with more or less long-term because salt doesn't evaporate.

But as i said before, your tank is beautiful :)