Anyone know much about diversion?

Im in the middle of an argument with my flatmates and i thought someone on here would know or have experienced this.

My flatmate thinks he knows all (this has to stop!)

What ive been told:

You can get diversion for your first offence eg: minor assult etc etc but....

Would you get diversion if your house got busted for cannabis?

If it was your first offence?

What if you had an amount in your house that was considered enough to be for supply?

And what about the people living in the house?

It sounds like you could get 6 months - 3 years in jail and or $500 fine....

Also if there are firearms in the house (all registered and has firearms license) would these be confiscated too?

Can someone shed some light on this please?

no. this is serious.

should of been here just now, massive arguement. Its pretty scary when your a 50kg women sitting in the lounge with 2 men 80kg and 140kg yelling and screaming and swearing at each other. 1 of them saying he doesnt give a toss about it, doesnt care that the house smells, doesnt care if anyone gets done etc etc....what a tool....and thats the nicest thing i could say about him!!

no. this is serious.

should of been here just now, massive arguement. Its pretty scary when your a 50kg women sitting in the lounge with 2 men 80kg and 140kg yelling and screaming and swearing at each other. 1 of them saying he doesnt give a toss about it, doesnt care that the house smells, doesnt care if anyone gets done etc etc....what a tool....and thats the nicest thing i could say about him!!

i suggest you refer your personal issues to legal aid or citizens advice

:o

I think I know which one I want!

Invite a cop friend around to sort them out! That is unless they are then forced to arrest them...

But I'm sure cops have their fair share of weed experience...

Im in the middle of an argument with my flatmates and i thought someone on here would know or have experienced this.

My flatmate thinks he knows all (this has to stop!)

What ive been told:

You can get diversion for your first offence eg: minor assult etc etc but....

Would you get diversion if your house got busted for cannabis?

If it was your first offence?

What if you had an amount in your house that was considered enough to be for supply?

get a lawyer and hope the judge is having a good day

And what about the people living in the house?

only the people who own the canopiss or who have the room where it was found

Also if there are firearms in the house (all registered and has firearms license) would these be confiscated too? yes

Can someone shed some light on this please?

i have friends that have had diversion but i would say its rare you'd need it to be a first offence have a soft judge and be quite young my friends also had a non association order with eath other and other people involved (part of their diversion) it also happened in nelson suprise suprise

My two cents.

I would recommend what others have said; get the hell out, especially if the people and their actions raise concerns about your safety or legal implications. This could ruin your life.

Diversion was set up for students and young people who commit a minor offences (drunk and disorderly etc) so it does not hinder future opportunities (law students are a prime example of why the programme begun, conviction equals no to practicing in law). Growing weed by the way is not a minor offence.

Police decide who get diversions and it is not guaranteed even for minor offences. I’ve seen guys get it for EBA, on their 1st offence while others do not. I know police are not overly sympathetic to those caught up in a house with weed growing and firearms in their possession, legal or not (firearms that is).

At the end of the day, it simply isn’t worth it, get out. This environment will only expose you to escalating (and maybe violent) crime especially when dabbling in this scene.

Johnny

the other thing is you have just made everyone that has access to this site aware that you have a large amount of dope at your house. it certainly wouldn't be too difficult to track down who you are & bust all your back sides then your "i didn't know about it" speech may not hold much water.

the fact you have posted this on a public forum (supposed it is true) is the very example of "loose lips sink ships" saying which is not to favoured by the people involved in this type of scheme.

disassociate yourself of face serious consequences, a conviction like this will most likely stop your entry into other countries at the least.

There is a difference between a few crumbs and a plant. If you are growing for personal it is looked at as the first step to supply so they come down on you hard and there is no way they would lit you use diversion.

Also if they charge someone else they can not use diversion on someone else for the same thing. When I had the opportunity to use my diversion I was not able to because one if the people involved had already been charged. I was told then (10 years ago so may have changed) that if one is charged all are charged and diversion could not be used. This was not for drugs

Mentioning that you are a 50kg woman stuck in the middle of an argument by men twice your size suggests you were feeling physically unsafe.

GET THE HELL OUT. Or get the cause of this out.

Your safety is the priority, then comes issues of court, fines, imprisonment, loss of firearms/licenses/jobs, evictions etc etc....

I don't know your situation but I agree that you should get out and don't look back but without knowing you or your situation our opinions aren't worth a lot. As Stella and others have already said your safety should be number one priority.

A lot of people I used to know would be more freaked out with the thought of getting caught than with having the 'stuff' in the flat. Now days I am pretty anti drugs so I would back the police pressing charges.