Wanted Kitten Wellington area

Brett1970

Have you tried the SPCA?

I imagine they'd have lots of kittens still at this time of year

That is a good idea.

It may cost a bit but all the animals are vet checked, de-sexed and micro chipped. It is sad to see how many people give away kittens that have issues (fleas, worms or worse)

i suggest you ahve a look at the spca, we got both of ours from there & it's great when you have a selection to choose from. pick the one with the biggest personality, the tabby we got is a scream. If he was human he would be a comedian.

You could also try the Cats Protection League in Wellington. I know that Susan at their kitten foster home is always swamped with kittens year round. They don't list any prices on their website, so not sure if they're much cheaper than the SPCA.

I hope this doesn't come off as being rude...but if $160 is too expensive for you (and trust me, I know what that feels like after living off $7000/year these last 3 years..) I would recommend thinking twice getting a cat at all. What will happen if in needs emergency vet treatment? Even just a vet consults and antibiotics or x-rays are relatively expensive and owners who don't think their purchase through end up giving up their cat to the SPCA.

As others have said, $160 is a great price to pay for a cat who's has been checked, vaccinated, de-sexed and potentially more. With all the poor animals being put down every year, skimping out on de-sexing is just irresponsible.

Even just a vet consults and antibiotics or x-rays are relatively expensive and owners who don't think their purchase through end up giving up their cat to the SPCA.

i agree there - our cat was hit by a car about a year ago - he disappeared for about 3 days so we rang the SPCA luckily someone had taken him to the afterhours vet and they fixed him up - about $180 later for the treatment he received (its as bad as going for a dentist visit !!!)

SPCA are expensive, I was told recently the Wellington SCPA is selling cats for $150 and kitten's for $210. The Pet centre in Porirua is selling them for $99, which includes a 7 day health guarantee and 5 bags of food for the cost of 2 (you get 1 with the kitten and two 2 for 1 vouchers) and a pack of vouchers, samples etc. Kittens shouldn't be nurtured until they are round 6 months old otherwise they don't develop normally.

SPCA are expensive, I was told recently the Wellington SCPA is selling cats for $150 and kitten's for $210. The Pet centre in Porirua is selling them for $99, which includes a 7 day health guarantee and 5 bags of food for the cost of 2 (you get 1 with the kitten and two 2 for 1 vouchers) and a pack of vouchers, samples etc. Kittens shouldn't be nurtured until they are round 6 months old otherwise they don't develop normally.

What about vaccinations? and micro chip?

What about vaccinations? and micro chip?

All cats are vet checked, have up to date vaccinations, worming, de-fled, etc. It's very uncommon for cats to be micro chipped by SPCA or pet shops.

Also because of the low numbers of kittens they are monitored closely, and handled very regularly by staff and customers.

To clarify, in case you were in doubt, I do work at The Pet Centre

It's very uncommon for cats to be micro chipped by SPCA or pet shops.

Also because of the low numbers of kittens they are monitored closely, and handled very regularly by staff and customers.

To clarify, in case you were in doubt, I do work at The Pet Centre

If you work in a pet shop you should know a bit more about SPCA. If you have a look at the web page you will see that ALL cats and dogs are chipped before they are adopted.

It would be best to give advice to people not try to sell your product here. I would expect a lot more integrity from a mod

adoption fee of:

$210 for kittens under 6 months old

$150 for kittens and cats aged 6 months to 8 years

$75 for cats aged 8+ years

The adoption fee includes the cost of desexing, microchipping, FIV testing (cats aged 6+ months), worm and flea treatments and the carry box. If your cat or kitten needs a booster vaccination or stitches from desexing removed we will arrange a time for you to bring them back for these at no charge.

FIV vaccinations are available at an additional cost.

You may want to read this

they get chipped now a? my spca kitten (adult now) is way cooler than all yours, he has tats to ID him :D

They still tat up there :lol: Must be a redneck thing to tat your pet :wink:

Kittens / Cats

Female Kittens/Adult Cats $150

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Spey + tattoo)

Male Kittens/Adult Cats $150

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Neuter +tattoo)

Cats 8 years and over $120

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Neuter +tattoo)

Dogs / Puppies

Male Dogs/Pups over 3 months $220*

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Neuter + tattoo + microchip)

Female Dogs/Pups over 3 months $280*

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Spey + tattoo + microchip)

Dogs 8 years and over

Male Dogs 8 years and over $190*

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Neuter + tattoo + microchip)

Female Dogs 8 years and over $250*

(1st vaccination - vet checks x 4 - worming x 2 - Frontline x 2 + Spey + tattoo + microchip)