Project tank final layout

fordayzbro

That's no good. could you take a close up of a strand of moss in a few days when it starts spreading out?

Will do, I think it's a mixture of both. Full of snails too... I've been pull them out with tweezers.

Can we get assassin snails in NZ?

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just dip them in a very strong solution of salt water for a minute or so. snails won't know what hit them. :lol:

I have never seen assassin snails here.

Sweet, I'll do that

I had a assassin snail in London, it was awesome watching it hunt other snails. I just gave it away once the job was done :D

Picked up a few plants today. Not sure if I will use all these but by having them in front of me it will hopefully make it easier to choose. I have ordered 4 pots of glosso which hopefully will arrive next week.

DSC_1324.jpg

DSC_1329.jpg

DSC_1328.jpg

DSC_1327.jpg

I'll definitely use glosso, the moss stones and the java fern, the rest I'm not sure about.

Any suggestions?

Just my personal opinions here but I prefer anubias with sagitaria - its a textural thing - and goes beautifully with indian fern and cabomba and/or H. difformis. This combination produces a lot of green textural contrast. I think the great colours of the rocks would be best brought out with the green canvas.

Similarly, the ruffles of the crypts and java fern go well together and can complement fine grasses and stem plants like polysperma or rotala and can introduce some reds.

Just my 2 c. :wink:

On another note, loving the glass fixtures, but could you get some clear tubing instead of that blue?

On another note, loving the glass fixtures, but could you get some clear tubing instead of that blue?

It's likely silicone tubing for the CO2, I've only seen it in black and blue unfortunately :(

I love the glass but may change my mind when it needs cleaning :wink:

Anyone know where to get some? I've been looking about for it, may need to order from Ebay.

we used to be able to buy clear silicone tubing for $2 per metre a while ago and then this blue branded thing came in and that was the last of the clear tubing. i have some of it, but also have some blue and green.

im sure you can still get clear from mitre 10

An ebay order :P:D

I use the same blue stuff as you are. it works well and i quite like how it looks. i think itll look 'fresh' in your tank.

the tips go a little hard after a few months, but that's it.

True, I don't mind the blue hose.... it will eventually get replaced

so what are you planning on now?

what sort of substrate? you obviously have a lot of patience - I'd have gone mad by now.

Right now I'm going over all the layouts I've posted in this thread for the best one.

Empty the tank tomorrow morning and prepare the glosso hopefully be all running by late afternoon :o

I'm using flourite with manado on top with a sand foreground and a little graded gravel. :roll: