108L Rimless

SamH

Are you using florish ? can that be swaped for that PMMD stuff?

Im going to stick the same lamps onto my tank, using the $9.95 lamps from the warehouse and the $499 bulbs, 6400K. I was thinking of clipping two on each side as my tank is quite deep the light would need to be stronger... ?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you using florish ? can that be swaped for that PMMD stuff?

I'm not dosing any ferts yet, will probably start PMDD in a couple of weeks when the plants are established and I find a suitable bottle for the PMDD.

I was thinking of clipping two on each side as my tank is quite deep the light would need to be stronger... ?

What size is your tank? What are you trying to grow?

I want to grow hair grass, dont know if that is possible with the depth of the tank.. ?

I grew a hairgrass carpet in a 27cm deep tank (+5cm of sand) with only one energy saver, two should be sufficient. I would use a few as spotlights over the area you want to grow the grass in as opposed to spreading them evenly across the tank (unless you want the whole tank to be hairgrass).

Hey is PMMD just as good as the expensive flourish stuff ?

I believe it is, yes.

After adding CO2 and diffuser yesterday, I decided to add fish today. Also put in some more rocks as suggested

3x Female Betta splendens

1x Clown killie

1x Blue eye killie

FTS

IMG_6263.jpg

Close up on rocks and H. polysperma

IMG_6264.jpg

Above view of H. polyperma

IMG_6265.jpg

Home grown female fighter against H. polysperma

IMG_6242.jpg

Blue eye inside the diffuser, it appears to enjoy playing in the current

IMG_6266.jpg

Fish seemed to be gasping for air when first introduced, this has now subsided. Will have to monitor them when the lights go out though. Hairgrass is sending out little runners, H. polysperma is taking off, Lilaeopsis and Glosso haven't seemed to change.

Enjoy

It's a lampeye killifish... Poropanchax normani

Do you want some more?

They school very nicely and can cope with heaps of Flourish excel and C02 - I can give you some after the Killie show if Wok will take them up there for you.

It's a lampeye killifish... Poropanchax normani

Do you want some more?

They school very nicely and can cope with heaps of Flourish excel and C02 - I can give you some after the Killie show if Wok will take them up there for you.

Yeah, that'd be great. I prefer the clown killies though :wink:

I'll should be down for easter remember?

I can only give you male clowns, they are pretty antisocial though, not like the lampeyes.

Really? That's a shame :( Yeah, lampeyes would be terrific, this one must be so lonely. Will my male clown be okay on his own?

I can give you both if you are going to be that upset!

I'm not upset! Don't feel obliged to give me anything either, I'm just wanting what's best for the fish.

If there is not enough plant cover the clowns may chase eachother around a lot - how fast is your hygro growing :wink:

It's growing like the weed it's said to be :D Riccia is good too yeah?

I wouldn't put riccia in there, it will become a nuisance :evil:

I don't mind giving you the lampeyes as long as you let them breed - which they will if you have some plants that go to the surface and chuck a bit of Novotom in if you see littlies.

I have an abundance of clown males, so you are welcome to some of them as well.

I'm planning on doing a 2ft jungle tank so some riccia would be good for that. If all goes to plan then the polysperma should be up and away. When is Wok up this way next?

I promise I'll try to breed the lampeyes, I assume they need little or no attention to their breeding regime? I'll take you up on that offer of clowns too if that isn't too much to ask 8)

He is heading back on Sunday 11 April.

Lampeyes look after themselves, either lay in moss or dangly roots of floating fern, the eggs are quite big for the size of the fish.

I would offer to give Wok some shrimp as well, but chances are they may get eaten before you see them? :wink:

You're a star! :hail:

I would offer to give Wok some shrimp as well, but chances are they may get eaten before you see them? :wink:

Shrimp would be lovely too. That'd give me a deadline for my new coldwater tank too :D

1. flatten up the sand at the front

On the left it's from the diffuser, can't help it as rocks put there look weird. Will consider the rest of it though.

2. get me an angle shot from the left

Get one yourself :P

3. I like those rocks :o

:o:o A compliment?!

they are stones at the very best, not rocks, or boulders, or even meteors. :lol:

Sufficient summary :lol:

i think the sand looks nice.

Two compliments in one evening? I'm on a roll!

if it were me, the only plant in there would have been glosso, but that's me.

Turn to page one and you'll see that just glosso was a miserable failure :(