March 14, 201016 yr comment_360881 Are you using florish ? can that be swaped for that PMMD stuff? Im going to stick the same lamps onto my tank, using the $9.95 lamps from the warehouse and the $499 bulbs, 6400K. I was thinking of clipping two on each side as my tank is quite deep the light would need to be stronger... ? Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360883 Are you using florish ? can that be swaped for that PMMD stuff? I'm not dosing any ferts yet, will probably start PMDD in a couple of weeks when the plants are established and I find a suitable bottle for the PMDD. I was thinking of clipping two on each side as my tank is quite deep the light would need to be stronger... ? What size is your tank? What are you trying to grow? Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360890 76 x 38 x 71 cm (LxDxH) I want to grow hair grass, dont know if that is possible with the depth of the tank.. ? Hey is PMMD just as good as the expensive flourish stuff ? Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360899 I want to grow hair grass, dont know if that is possible with the depth of the tank.. ? I grew a hairgrass carpet in a 27cm deep tank (+5cm of sand) with only one energy saver, two should be sufficient. I would use a few as spotlights over the area you want to grow the grass in as opposed to spreading them evenly across the tank (unless you want the whole tank to be hairgrass). Hey is PMMD just as good as the expensive flourish stuff ? I believe it is, yes. Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360901 Well if i go for 4 lamps the i should be sweet, and YUS!!!!! about the PMMD !! where u getting yours from? Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360902 Well if i go for 4 lamps the i should be sweet, and YUS!!!!! about the PMMD !! where u getting yours from? :lol: Someone's excited Got my PMDD from HaNs Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360903 :lol: Someone's excited Got my PMDD from HaNs Hell yea im excited lol, i love this stuff Dont act like you dont hehe Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360904 Hell yea im excited lol, i love this stuff Dont act like you dont hehe Yeah yeah, it's great 8) Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360939 After adding CO2 and diffuser yesterday, I decided to add fish today. Also put in some more rocks as suggested 3x Female Betta splendens 1x Clown killie 1x Blue eye killie FTS Close up on rocks and H. polysperma Above view of H. polyperma Home grown female fighter against H. polysperma Blue eye inside the diffuser, it appears to enjoy playing in the current Fish seemed to be gasping for air when first introduced, this has now subsided. Will have to monitor them when the lights go out though. Hairgrass is sending out little runners, H. polysperma is taking off, Lilaeopsis and Glosso haven't seemed to change. Enjoy Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360943 It's a lampeye killifish... Poropanchax normani Do you want some more? They school very nicely and can cope with heaps of Flourish excel and C02 - I can give you some after the Killie show if Wok will take them up there for you. Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360947 It's a lampeye killifish... Poropanchax normani Do you want some more? They school very nicely and can cope with heaps of Flourish excel and C02 - I can give you some after the Killie show if Wok will take them up there for you. Yeah, that'd be great. I prefer the clown killies though I'll should be down for easter remember? Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360950 I'll should be down for easter remember? Gah! I spoke to soon Looks like we won't be at this stage. Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360963 I can only give you male clowns, they are pretty antisocial though, not like the lampeyes. Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360966 I can only give you male clowns, they are pretty antisocial though, not like the lampeyes. Really? That's a shame Yeah, lampeyes would be terrific, this one must be so lonely. Will my male clown be okay on his own? Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360970 I can give you both if you are going to be that upset! If there is not enough plant cover the clowns may chase eachother around a lot - how fast is your hygro growing Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360971 I can give you both if you are going to be that upset! I'm not upset! Don't feel obliged to give me anything either, I'm just wanting what's best for the fish. If there is not enough plant cover the clowns may chase eachother around a lot - how fast is your hygro growing It's growing like the weed it's said to be Riccia is good too yeah? Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360975 I wouldn't put riccia in there, it will become a nuisance :evil: I don't mind giving you the lampeyes as long as you let them breed - which they will if you have some plants that go to the surface and chuck a bit of Novotom in if you see littlies. I have an abundance of clown males, so you are welcome to some of them as well. Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360982 I'm planning on doing a 2ft jungle tank so some riccia would be good for that. If all goes to plan then the polysperma should be up and away. When is Wok up this way next? I promise I'll try to breed the lampeyes, I assume they need little or no attention to their breeding regime? I'll take you up on that offer of clowns too if that isn't too much to ask 8) Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360987 He is heading back on Sunday 11 April. Lampeyes look after themselves, either lay in moss or dangly roots of floating fern, the eggs are quite big for the size of the fish. I would offer to give Wok some shrimp as well, but chances are they may get eaten before you see them? Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_360994 You're a star! I would offer to give Wok some shrimp as well, but chances are they may get eaten before you see them? Shrimp would be lovely too. That'd give me a deadline for my new coldwater tank too Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_360998 1. flatten up the sand at the front 2. get me an angle shot from the left 3. I like those rocks Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_361001 1. flatten up the sand at the front On the left it's from the diffuser, can't help it as rocks put there look weird. Will consider the rest of it though. 2. get me an angle shot from the left Get one yourself 3. I like those rocks A compliment?! Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_361015 they are stones at the very best, not rocks, or boulders, or even meteors. :lol: i think the sand looks nice. if it were me, the only plant in there would have been glosso, but that's me. Report
March 14, 201016 yr Author comment_361018 they are stones at the very best, not rocks, or boulders, or even meteors. :lol: Sufficient summary :lol: i think the sand looks nice. Two compliments in one evening? I'm on a roll! if it were me, the only plant in there would have been glosso, but that's me. Turn to page one and you'll see that just glosso was a miserable failure Report
March 14, 201016 yr comment_361026 glosso = fail are you willing to admit the lighting may have something to do with that? :lol: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.