L46 Zebra Plecos

Charlie

Thanks for your PM Charlie.

I wont edit my post

but you should understand that just because you have access to one retailers lists does not mean you have access to ALL of the wholesalers lists nor the lists of all the importers as there is a big difference between the two.

A Good example would be this:

I have a good size school/colony of Dicrossus filamentosus in my fishroom.

They were imported less than 2 years ago

Now you go look at the list and see when they last came in?

Or perhaps read the posts around the l128s that has been developing where a member states that 6 plecs were purchased from the importer prior to them making any list

Perhaps you would care to edit your post now?

Exactly Nav.

Like any industry, good customers get first choice of pickings.

The wine industry sell some vintages 'En Primeur" where the wine is sold off way before it gets to the market where punters get a chance to even see it.

You don't think there are people out there in the fishy world that do the same Charlie?

may I recommend the Pegasus Bay Maestro or prima donna if you are into reds, the aria if you like stickies or the resiling is another good bet

2001 Maestro retailed for around $120 a bottle in 2004

Purchased several cases and have had it cellering for last wee while.

Purchased prior to public release for $35-40 a bottle

had forgotten about that so thanks for the hint

Someone posted in the catfish section that 3 importers have imported L46 Zebra Pleco into the country, can anyone spread any info if the rumours are true?

you have posted before as though you have access to wholesale lists and are palsy with importers and au fait with importation

so why ask this question and why not ask in the original thread instead of starting another?

i think navs post was a fair query and don't understand why you would want him to edit it?

the reference to wine explains a lot firenzenz :wink:

interesting about l46 .

lol

another thing that I have seen is that a lot will be brought in as pairs but they are mis matched or all of one sex ...hard to get those fish breeding....lol.

Still I have to agree the analogy re the wine industry is good.

I spend 10's of thousands over the last 20 years and have become well know...for better or worse...in the local "scene" I am personal friends with some of the longest standing members of our community...the same as many of you...this gives me "perks" but it also means I spend my money where my mouth is.

The Dfs are a good example...by the time the shipment cleared those fish are worth many hundred dollars each...and now I cant get the blardy things to breed. But they are here and worth every cent...and I would sell any fry for a few dollars just to keep them here.

AND they were never on any importers wholesale list

you have posted before as though you have access to wholesale lists and are palsy with importers and au fait with importation

so why ask this question and why not ask in the original thread instead of starting another?

i think navs post was a fair query and don't understand why you would want him to edit it?

the reference to wine explains a lot firenzenz :wink:

never ever said i was palsy with a importer, i knew one down in christchurch who had that female L46 on trademe a while ago, who told me that he would import them if i can find someone that would ship to NZ... but we lost contact...

I want the fish because they where the reason i started to keep plecos... they are the best specie on the market... I dont care for breeding them (not to say i wouldnt to boost popluation) but i just want them to add to a show tank...

They havnt been on the list since they where at hollywood... I was asking because someone said in the catfish section tha they where now being imported by 3 importers.

Also the fish come in at the size of 3-5cm... that is what the exporters have them at so they are not sexable, get a group of 5-6 then you do have the odds that there will be a male/female

anyway this topic has had it...

but thats the thing mate,

L46 are a specieS that are on the provisonal list NOW.

Hence all the interest

the person you are talking about down here with the L46 and was listed on TM...if it is the same one ...had a breeding colony but killed all but one

Isnt it interesting that palsy is spelt that same as Palsy

its a bit like the plural version of Pus.

thats why I like mucopurilent exudate...and no I am not even off topic yet.

So sorry to hear that the topic of L46 beening imported has had it.

I was keen to establish a breeding colony.

Oh well Firenenz (hope I at least got that right) back to our whine list I suppose.

come on charlie you have posted before as though you have intimate knowledge of the industry

I was asking because someone said in the catfish section tha they where now being imported by 3 importers.

you should asked the poster then

or by starting another thread are you trying to get a reaction?

come on charlie you have posted before as though you have intimate knowledge of the industry

you should asked the poster then

or by starting another thread are you trying to get a reaction?

this area gets more views and is more popular than the catfish section???

I dont have intimate knowledge of the industry... not many people do because you learn something everyday :roll:

lol so much speculation!!

I'll put $5 on there being a bunch of L46 imported now that they're on the list and in a few months time the bulk of them will still be sitting in shops because no one is willing to pay the price to get a group of them, except maybe for Mr Pleco. Oh, and Charlie......

lol so much speculation!!

I'll put $5 on there being a bunch of L46 imported now that they're on the list and in a few months time the bulk of them will still be sitting in shops because no one is willing to pay the price to get a group of them, except maybe for Mr Pleco. Oh, and Charlie......

ill put my money where my mouth is when they come onto the lists...

and yes i agree they will sit and sit and sit in retail stores... first lot will sell like wild fire... then after that most wont buy them...