Your oldest fish?

David R

Just wondering if anyone has got any ancient fish they've had for years. I sold everything when I went overseas for six weeks at the end of 2002, but Duncan7 still has some of the clown loaches I sold him. The fish I've had in my posession the longest currently would be a little clown pleco (not sure on the ID, here's a pic) that I've had since mid 2003, and a couple of clown loaches I bought later that year, already around 8cm. My 13" dat was bought early 2005 along with my palmas that now belongs to Henward. So around 7 years, not really that old, when I asked on MFK's Polypterus forum someone had kept an ornate for over 20 years!

Anyone else got any really old fish??

I just started the aquarium hobby so my fish are all what I started with in September last year, but my neighbour has a very old bristlenose male that is 14 years old, and the old guy is still going strong, I had to give her babies to clean the tank though , all he does is hang out on his bogwood all day :lol:

I have a black neon who is at least 9 years old. I am not fond of black neons but I feel like she has deserved a place in life now. :roll: Every time I do a water change she 'faints' and lays sideways for a while but eventually gets up and is normal again. I would swear she is 'going grey around the muzzle.' :wink:

Mine are 4 discus which I have had for just over 2 years and my sterbais which I have had for the same amount of time. I have also 3 fighters which are 14 months old and while this doesn't seem much, its a good length of time for them to be alive and at this stage, still breeding!

big

maybe 300 -400 long and wide and deep thru body

Lovely fish and has the greatest body markings

Nasty spines on gill plates tho....long spines....lol

Would love to find it a mate but I understand there are a couple of sub speices and I coudlnt afford one anyway...lol

one of the nicest fish I own

I am shocked there do not seem to be people managing to keep fish longer than a few years! There should be a lot more 8 yr+ fishes out there.

so far i have turned my fish over every 2 years or so as i get bored with them & want something different. i started with angels etc, then into africans & now moved to keeping tropheus. this is because i don't have the space for all the tanks i would need for all the fish i want so ahve to prioritise which are the ones i want most.

Makes me ever so slightly jealous reading all this...

Africans maybe 3-4 months haha.

Mystics e yellows maybe a month or so..

Haha they are all my babies.

I attempted to get the PRE-grown fish, but i think it was a fail.

They just pick on all the littlies.

Start from scratch.. Let you know if they are alive in 20 years :D:D