Where to buy Small Mesh? about 5mm diameter sqaures etc?

Insect Direct

stainless is to flash for here :lol:

havent started the enclosure yet, may mesh sides out completely.

+ another enclosure, that gets to hot, may rip out fly screen mesh and redo vents...

the mesh out of my old hovabator incubator is what got me thinking.....but it seems to be hard to find in shops?

how much do you need?

I find plastic canvas perfect. Craft stores sell it.

its like this

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Crafts/Other/auction-266037501.htm but you can buy it in about 20cm x 30cm squares at places like spotlight

Or there is a bloke on TM who sells massive rolls of it in either beige or brown.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Outdoor-garden-conservatory/Landscaping-materials/Fencing/auction-265653026.htm

We have a roll of the dark brown, once the partner has done his worst with it if we have some left I might put some up for sale by the metre here as I know people need it, it's excellent for moss walls and similar. Won't be for a few months though. He's using it to make quail housing

I have used metal whitebait netting for a similar purpose---a lot cheaper then stainless steel. Available from your local fishing supply shop. There is some good stuff down here from China.

sounds like the go will have to check that out :hail:

OOOooooooooohhhhhhhhhh sorry, i thought it was to keep mice in until theyre consumed :oops:

:D mice are just to smelly for my liking.

I brought a Sive, that you sive flour through (sp?) and cut it, $2 and the $2 shop!

ive looked in $2 shop, warehouse, briscoes etc but no sieves with big holes :o

I get all my mesh from Mega mitre 10, its like the flyscreen mesh but aluminium, I get it in black as it is easy to see through, most people that keep natives use it as the innner mesh, costs around $10.00 a meter and are a meter wide.

Whay are you looking at keeping in it?

dunno whay :lol: smallish enclosure outside for my bd during the day. maybe vents on indoor setup etc

so for native's, just go flyscreen inside then just standard 12mm square netting on outside?

I have used metal whitebait netting for a similar purpose---a lot cheaper then stainless steel. Available from your local fishing supply shop. There is some good stuff down here from China.

pretty sure what Alan mentioned is going to be perfect

I think the whitebait mesh is the same or similiar, for natives use the aluminium mesh then 12mm on outside, I haven't seen any with the fibreglass style flyscreen mesh but would probably work.

I have my young beardies in an outside enclosure with mesh on 3 sides, they love the air flow and direct sun it allows.

im thinking of putting my young whistling tree frogs outside to.. . and i had a vision of a light in there at night and all these bugs flying in :D

5mm mesh should be about perfect as long as the frogs have enough size on them so they cant get through the mesh, i suppose not many moths will get in a 5mm hole either though...hmm