Stocking tool! check this out

Morcs

Note: Albino Bristlenose Pleco needs driftwood.

Note: Bristlenose Pleco needs driftwood.

Warning: When Dwarf Gourami starts to breed, they may become too aggressive to co-exist with Glowlight Tetra.

Suggestion: Minimum recommend male to female ratio for Guppy is 1:2 (M:F). You will less likely to experience problem if you get even more females.

Recommended temperature range: 25 - 25 C. [Display in Farenheit]

Recommended pH range: 6 - 7.6.

Recommended hardness range: 5 - 15 dH.

You have plenty of aquarium filtration capacity.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 162%. [What's this?]

Recommended water change schedule: 37% per week.

Your aquarium stocking level is 139%. [Generate Image] [What's this?]

nboj5pot.png

I did that calculation based on the fact I am going to upgrade to a canister filter this week sometime. I wonder if my gourami will try and breed, and if they will indeed try and hurt the tetras?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi yhbae,

it definitely is a great idea creating a tool like this. at present the only issues i have with it are:

You need to update the filter list to include older models (especially the fluvals), though i am well aware there are a lot to list :)

You don't have Leopardfish (Phalloceros caudimaculatus) on your list :)

never the less, i have added your site to my favourites for future references :)

they don't have trophues listed or many of the africans so it will be interesting to see if they have calc'd for the african overstocking requirements.

I think I have two of them listed. I don't do anything special for Africans because I want to show that they are overstocked even if it was by design. For Mbuna species, it even reports that it is ok to overstock it. I forgot that you need to do that for Tropheus species too... :D

I'll add that message in the future release.

if i could have found all the species i have in my african tank there would be like a page of warning lol there was already about 20 after i added the first 15 fish. another thing is it doesnt take into account the age of the fish

Could you list all species that are missing from your stock? I can add those.

Also, if you saw any "wrong" warnings, please let me know. I can fix those as well.

Recommended temperature range: 23 - 25 C.

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 639%.

Recommended water change schedule: 12% per week.

Your aquarium stocking level is 48%. Gonna do something about that this week :)

I'm sure you will enjoy bringing that % up... :D

Haha fun little tool, with the stocking that I eventually want I'm glad it says I'm still understocked.

You must have tried it when it still had temperature bug. It is fixed and they should show the actual required temperatures for each species rather than same temperature for all species.

Warning: At least 5 x Black Neon Tetra are recommended in a group.

Warning: At least 3 x Yoyo Loach are recommended in a group.

Warning: At least 3 x Dwarf Loach are recommended in a group.

Note: Albino Bristlenose Pleco needs driftwood.

Recommended temperature range: 24 - 26 C. [Display in Farenheit]

Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 198%.

Recommended water change schedule: 31% per week.

Your aquarium stocking level is 91%.

Not bad eh?

Not bad at all.. Close to ideal actually.

Found that my lounge tank will be 99% stocked once i get my new fish :D

And for the big tank in my room I got:

bolded bit is funny cos my shark is already with the loaches & had no losses :lol:

Basically the way the app works with the size warning is that if the larger species is larger than 3.5 times the smaller one, it will give this warning. It more a less works for many species but not all of them. I have an attribute for each species that corresponds to their "mouth size". I can bring this size down to make this species safer with smaller species. Alternatively, I can also add this species under "Good Exception" list of the shark.

So before I go and update DB, are we sure that these two can co-exist?

Note: Common Pleco needs driftwood.

Warning: Common Pleco is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space.

Warning: Common Pleco requires a tank with more height.

Note: Golden Bristlenose Pleco needs driftwood.

Warning: Golden Bristlenose Pleco is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space.

Warning: Golden Bristlenose Pleco requires a tank with more height.

Warning: Kribensis is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space.

Warning: Kribensis requires a tank with more height.

Warning: Kuhli Loach is not recommended for your tank - it may eventually outgrow your tank space.

Warning: Kuhli Loach requires a tank with more height.

Warning: At least 5 x Kuhli Loach are recommended in a group.

Warning: When Kribensis starts to breed, they may become too aggressive to co-exist with Kuhli Loach.

Warning: Your selected species will eventually require 159% of your aquarium space. You may need to deal with territorial aggressions later on. Try removing some of (Pterygoplichthys pardalis, Ancistrus sp., Pelvicachromis pulcher, Pangio kuhlii) or get a larger aquarium tank.

what!! 1 pair kribensis outgrowing a 90l tank!!!!

true bout the pleco tho,im trying to find him a bigger home :cry:

Currently, Krebensis is marked to require a tank with a footprint of 20x10 inches which is not very big. What is the footprint size of your tank?

nboj5pot.png

I did that calculation based on the fact I am going to upgrade to a canister filter this week sometime. I wonder if my gourami will try and breed, and if they will indeed try and hurt the tetras?

Not sure why that image got stretched... Hmmm...

Your tank does look busy and heavily stocked.

As for Gouramis, they do tend to become more aggressive when they spawn but I'm not sure if they are aggressive enough to cause problems. Perhaps someone else can answer this and I can update the DB accordingly.

Hi yhbae,

it definitely is a great idea creating a tool like this. at present the only issues i have with it are:

You need to update the filter list to include older models (especially the fluvals), though i am well aware there are a lot to list :)

You don't have Leopardfish (Phalloceros caudimaculatus) on your list :)

never the less, i have added your site to my favourites for future references :)

I do want to add older ones too... What are the model numbers of those Fluvals?

I'll add Leopardfish to the wishlist.

Glad you like the app. :D

Not sure why that image got stretched... Hmmm...

Your tank does look busy and heavily stocked.

As for Gouramis, they do tend to become more aggressive when they spawn but I'm not sure if they are aggressive enough to cause problems. Perhaps someone else can answer this and I can update the DB accordingly.

It got stretched, as this forum can not work out the dimensions of the image. So i used iforce to host it @ 640x480. I do like your site, maybe another upgrade in the future could include all in one aquariums, like the Aqua-one AR series, and the Juwel etc. ie Input tank model, and the filtration rates and sizes are all set. Yeah my tank is busy, but everyone plays nice, so it's not really an issue, I have plenty of hidey holes, and plants for everyone to have there own space. the only issue i have at the moment, are my damn Gourami's laying hide and go seek. They hide so well, i spend ages looking for them, only to have them just pop up when they feel like it. I will upgrade in the near future (1 year +) to a bigger tank, so everyone will have some more room, or might end up with a second 620, and split them up a little.

It got stretched, as this forum can not work out the dimensions of the image. So i used iforce to host it @ 640x480. I do like your site, maybe another upgrade in the future could include all in one aquariums, like the Aqua-one AR series, and the Juwel etc. ie Input tank model, and the filtration rates and sizes are all set. Yeah my tank is busy, but everyone plays nice, so it's not really an issue, I have plenty of hidey holes, and plants for everyone to have there own space. the only issue i have at the moment, are my damn Gourami's laying hide and go seek. They hide so well, i spend ages looking for them, only to have them just pop up when they feel like it. I will upgrade in the near future (1 year +) to a bigger tank, so everyone will have some more room, or might end up with a second 620, and split them up a little.

I did look at some of those all-in-one setup and hit into a problem. Not really related to all-in-one issue but in general, all tanks marked in litres appear to over-quote their volume by a good margin. I could not figure out the actual dimension of the tank and often, if you use their dimension, the volume comes out 15-20% lower than the manufacturer quoted numbers. If I knew what numbers to use, I'm sure I can find a way to implement it.

I too had an overstocked tank and kept them healthy for years. My bristlenose plecos even bread in that tank. Lots of water changes but it certainly is feasible.

Thought I would give this a go but it does not list any of the Jebo filters (and mine is a Jebo 819), nor does it have pearl gouramis.

I'll add your filter in the wishlist. Even if you don't select the filters, it will still report the stocking level since this is independent from the filtration capacity.

I'm pretty sure pearl gourami is on the list. :D

welcome yhbae, when is it going to be updated to include dats? :D

Thanks. :D

Are you the one who requested for Thinbar Datnoid? I just added it to my dev server earlier today, so it should show up on the next release. :D

I am so behind in terms of adding new species and adding/updating features. Users are very demanding! :wink: But I am dealing with a finite quantity here, so it will eventually end...

Random question here, but when the app looks at the dimensions of the tank does it take into account that the tank isn't filled to the brim? If so what does it compensate by?

Actually it does assume it is filled to the brim just to make the calculation simpler. If you really want to take that into account, you can make your height of the tank a bit lower to match your water level.