omg i think im being made redundant

oO SKIPPY Oo

Good luck with finding a new job and remember, don't limit yourself to IT!

My son trained in tourism as he wanted to get cheap travel :lol: but he graduated not long after 9/11 so was unable to get work in that area. He ended up at a rental car agency. That did not go well and he then applied for something he knew nothing about and got the job - with an independent finance broker. They chose him over the other applicant as the other guy was experienced whereas my son they could train their way without him having any preconceived ideas of how it should be done. When that job got more difficult as the recession started to bite, he again applied for a job he knew nothing about and was taken on by the legal system (and not as a guest either 8) ) . He is now a deputy court registrar at the Children and Young Persons Court and enjoying it very much.

All these jobs were very different and had steep learning curves but he found them all interesting and they have given him a wide experience base. He is now being paid enough to afford to travel overseas paying the same as everyone else :wink:

Check everthing carefully before you act. Make sure the job is redundant and not you.

ive pretty much got the whole lot in writting and yes they are making the job redundant - im having a good day today - got my CV updated and asked them to speed the whole thing up - since nothing i say will make them change the outcome ie keep me employed - they wanted to have a meeting on thursday next week but thats just too long to sit quiet and i want them to tell the rest of the department the news so i can start asking people to be referees etc before christmas comes and people start going on leave...

sounds like an interesting CV :) mine wont be anywhere near that colorful but i like working in IT - from what i can tell there are still quite a few jobs around so im going to sign up with an agency or 2 once i have met with a career consultant to comfirm the CV is up to scratch and possibly go over my interview skills - its been a while so im not sure if any of it has changed :bounce: and i know the CV is probably the wrong thing

Good luck with finding a new job and remember, don't limit yourself to IT!

My son trained in tourism as he wanted to get cheap travel :lol: but he graduated not long after 9/11 so was unable to get work in that area. He ended up at a rental car agency. That did not go well and he then applied for something he knew nothing about and got the job - with an independent finance broker. They chose him over the other applicant as the other guy was experienced whereas my son they could train their way without him having any preconceived ideas of how it should be done. When that job got more difficult as the recession started to bite, he again applied for a job he knew nothing about and was taken on by the legal system (and not as a guest either 8) ) . He is now a deputy court registrar at the Children and Young Persons Court and enjoying it very much.

All these jobs were very different and had steep learning curves but he found them all interesting and they have given him a wide experience base. He is now being paid enough to afford to travel overseas paying the same as everyone else :wink:

yeah it sucks but i feel good about it all now - time for a change etc

thanks for the offer - i should be good - nice xmas pressie from the company :) :lol: 25 weeks worth :lol:

Oh darn! Thats no good really aye! :evil:

If you get stuck in any way (food for yur fishies or help needed etc) please dont hesitate to call or email me and I will help the best I can!