Breeding GBA and common bristlenose?

A-town...

Before everyone starts moaning about crossbreeding I already know you shouldnt ect. :bounce:

All I want to know is if you cross a gba with common bristlenose what % will be golden what % will be brown?

Also Albino cross GBA

And Albino cross common bristlenose?

Dont know much about genetics.

Thanks in advance! :P

It depends on which are dominant and recessive....

Albino and lutinos are usually recessive so I Think that for the first generation you should get all or most of the fry being the brown but carriers of the albino/lutino gene then after that you should get 25% brown 50% Brown carriers then 25% fully GBA's/Albinos

regarding BNs can we get Calico ones in NZ??

ive been looking for some splotchy golden ones.

All I want to know is if you cross a gba with common bristlenose what % will be golden what % will be brown?

simply put; hard to say m8.

ive seen some gba's with a splotch of brown. that could possibly indicate that brown / black skin colour is not completely dominant over golden.

however i dont think there browns with red eyes, as albinism is usually a totally recessive trait.

I have read somewhere the golden colour in females is more dominant in the males is this correct? so if this is correct say I cross normal male bristlenose with golden female is there higher chance of throwing golds or not nessacerily?(sp.)

If it was true (which i doubt...) then you are probably more likely to get golds in your first spawn, but i doubt it unless the EDIT:gold colouring is partly linked/linked to the X chromosome somewhere.....

I have read somewhere the golden colour in females is more dominant in the males is this correct? so if this is correct say I cross normal male bristlenose with golden female is there higher chance of throwing golds or not nessacerily?(sp.)

golden colour in females is more dominant in males?

what do you mean?

nick it has nothing to do with albinism.

golden colour in females is more dominant in males?

what do you mean?

nick it has nothing to do with albinism.

I couldn't think of another word :P

he means that it you were to cross a female golden with a male normal you could be more likely to get gold colouration than if you were to cross a brown female with a gold male

GBA L44 comes from Paraguay where a amelanistic wildcaught male was crossed with 'normal' female, and line breeding has continued the trait by breeding in the amelanism.

Any GBA from GBAXGBA cross with the brown spot or splotch is often just showing a glimpse of their distant origin.

I would think any pairing as you've described could possibly produce an array of young from brown to golden

although as far as I'm aware the amelanistic trait is not dominant as suggested

• 3 months later...