October 11, 200916 yr comment_334559 sorry to all the ford fans out there, a whole year of bragging rights go to holden! Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334574 I sincerely apologise to all those ford fans too. maybe next time you will see the light and goooooo holden!!!!!!!!! :lol: Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334601 Stick some real cars in the mix i say 8) I agree but proberly dont agree with what is, real cars. Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334617 Ford have to sand bag every now and then, looks dodgy when they wipe the floor with those holdens every year. Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334619 sorry to all the ford fans out there, a whole year of bragging rights go to holden! I would apologise too but quite frankly why apologise when they "chose" to drive the ford anyway. Holden were using the "false sense of security" technique and now Fords are doomed at the mountain forever mwahahahahahahahahaha :lol: Report
October 11, 200916 yr Author comment_334654 Ford have to sand bag every now and then, looks dodgy when they wipe the floor with those holdens every year. your memory doesn't work very well, ford have had it good for a few years but the 10 years before that you may not want to talk about. Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334660 Yep, way to go Holden. Not that I can afford a holden :roll: Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334661 I've never understood the passion with which v8 fans support one particular make. I've never seen soccer fans get excited about the winning goal being scored with Nike boots, or gold fans being excited that the winner used XXX brand clubs. The race cars have almost nothing in common with the road going models, and they're all so similar mechanically that the biggest difference is the shape of the body and the colour of the paint. It was some great motorsport with an exciting finish, some excellent driving and a touch of controversy, thats all I care about... :roll: Report
October 11, 200916 yr Author comment_334663 I've never understood the passion with which v8 fans support one particular make. I've never seen soccer fans get excited about the winning goal being scored with Nike boots, or gold fans being excited that the winner used XXX brand clubs. The race cars have almost nothing in common with the road going models, and they're all so similar mechanically that the biggest difference is the shape of the body and the colour of the paint. It was some great motorsport with an exciting finish, some excellent driving and a touch of controversy, thats all I care about... :roll: in the mid to late 90's it was great racing as the cars were the same as the road cars just with alot of mods. I totally agree with you about the cars being the same etc & i believe that v8 supercars is currently at a cross road & depending on which way they go will determine whether i take any further interest in it. i have a heavily modified holden & thats what i have been into since i was a small child just how others are into other things, i have always been a rev head but thats just me. I struggle to understand the passion some people have for football but i do understand its the same passion i have for cars just they like foot marbles instead. If you look at the amount of people that follow super cars, its no small sport. there were 200,000 people at bathurst over 4 days, there aren't too many events that bring numbers like that. If i remember right i think there were 150,000 people over 4 days at the hamilton 400 to. Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334678 I've never understood the passion with which v8 fans support one particular make. I've never seen soccer fans get excited about the winning goal being scored with Nike boots, or gold fans being excited that the winner used XXX brand clubs. The race cars have almost nothing in common with the road going models, and they're all so similar mechanically that the biggest difference is the shape of the body and the colour of the paint. It was some great motorsport with an exciting finish, some excellent driving and a touch of controversy, thats all I care about... :roll: This... At least in SA it was F1 racing, (before the rules all changed and cars were individual) where the different manufacturers were all competing with thier own engines etc and the drivers were the ones supported, not just the car. watching the V8's is like watching a bunch of Fat girls trying to do a ballet routine on a greased stage. carnage! Report
October 11, 200916 yr comment_334719 sorry to all the ford fans out there, a whole year of bragging rights go to holden! YUS!!! I am still suffering from a very sore throat after screaming my head off at Murph for the last 2 laps lol And to the ones that said you don't get the big deal about the ford and HOLDEN rivalry.... either you get it or you don't lol if you are in to it, you will understand, if you are not then you most likely think we are all nuts I have been a Holden fan since my early teens and I am now in my 30's, I would NEVER consider driving a ford, my family has been told that when I die they better not put me in a Ford hearse, I would rather travel on the back of a Holden ute lol and my son is named after the GREAT HOLDEN driver :D Brockie Some of my extended family are Ford fans and it it great fun when we all get together and give each other stick lol and my cousin knows NEVER to park his Ford in my driveway lol it stays out on the road :lol: Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_334728 i must say, it was a little disappointing to see the Kelly boys lose 2nd place due to that final safety car. they had done an amazing job with their car, with it's major over steer problem. And, Lowndes / Whincup did a great job with their clutch issues. Report
October 12, 200916 yr comment_334764 Was there a game on recently? I must have missed it, which stadium was it played at? :lol: Report
October 12, 200916 yr Author comment_334765 Was there a game on recently? I must have missed it, which stadium was it played at? :lol: Ii was at the mount, you should he down there next time its on Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.