FNZAS Breeding Certificates

Wok

Just giving everyone a heads up to have their breedings registered ASAP.

I will be compiling all the Breeding certificates this weekend.

Those that do not arrive before the end of the weekend will need to wait for another month or 3.

So get your breedings in, and tell your breeding coordinator.

cheers

Wok

good point ryan, hadn't thought of that

i don't count stuff bred in the big tank (what happens in the big tank, stays in the big tank) :D

one of your females is holding ryan, first time too

my breeding stuff is kept in a seperate tanks for clarity of what it is

talk to your breeding coordinator phoenix

Gesh guys

Visit the home page, theres a lot of interesting stuff on it :lol:

The rules came into force 1 April 1995

* The breeder must be a financial member of an affiliated club at the time of spawning.

* The breeding year will be for fish qualifying from 1 April to 31 March inclusive.

* A point will be awarded for breeding 10 fish and keeping them for 30 days.

* Hatching date is date fry are first seen free swimming.

* Qualifying date is 30 days after hatching.

* Spawnings are to be witnessed by another financial FNZAS member. (Rule amended conference 2006).

* Spawning must be registered not later than 60 days after hatching date on the FNZAS registration form.

* The breeder is to have possession of both parents at the time of spawning.

* These rules apply to both the Breeding and Rebreeding Schemes.

* A rebreeding is a respawning of a species that the breeder has previously registered.

* The FNZAS breeding coordinator is not eligible to enter either the breeding or rebreeding competitions but may register spawnings towards pins.

* The FNZAS National executive will rule on any disputes and their decision will be binding.

for the slow breeding fish,

as long as you can identify 10 children of the parents from the last breeding to bring it up to the number required, you can register them.

ie.

1st breeding (in February) only 5 fry survive the 30 days.

2nd Breeding (in September) another 5 fry, then you have a total of 10 fry for the same parents

you do your registration based on the final spawning and use those dates on your breeding form.

and as long as the initial 5 fry and the parents are there, you can register.

simple. This caters for the fish that don't breed as much as something like jags or convicts :wink:

Mr Wok

What happens in the case of N Rachovii?

Rachovii is a short lived fish and the eggs are incubated for 6 months. Its highly probable that you will not have the parents when the fry hatch let alone at the 30 day mark.

I realise that this is a very unusual case as this particular fish is very short lived and the eggs are longer than normal but nature has made them this way to keep the specie going (these eggs can hatch after being dried for 3 years Im told)

What happens in the case of N Rachovii?

Rachovii is a short lived fish and the eggs are incubated for 6 months. Its highly probable that you will not have the parents when the fry hatch let alone at the 30 day mark.

I realise that this is a very unusual case as this particular fish is very short lived and the eggs are longer than normal but nature has made them this way to keep the specie going (these eggs can hatch after being dried for 3 years Im told)

All the rules say is the parents have to be in your possession at the time of spawning - they do not have to be in your possession at the time of hatching or at the 30 day mark either.

All the rules say is the parents have to be in your possession at the time of spawning - they do not have to be in your possession at the time of hatching or at the 30 day mark either.

Fair point

I should learn to read what I post eh :oops:

i have a breeding form to enter, but the next club meeting's not till the end of the month. so i will just have to wait :)

email it to me now, and I will match it up with the original when your club coordinator sends it to me.

and you will receive your certificate at your next meeting. :wink: