Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lawn Mower Blennie

Featured Replies

My most favorite fish in the world died yesterday...old age I think, he just started getting thin about two months ago but was still eating OK. I was told that there are no more Lawn Mower Blennies coming into NZ??? Is this true?? If it is , does anyone know where I could get another?? My tank will never be the same with out him!!! He use to sit in my hand and enjoy a tickle behind his ear....gill.....whatever..... :cry::cry::cry:

Redwoods has a shipment at the moment

Give them an email and find out what they have left?

I am coming up in Blenhiem in early November if that helps?

Navarre

  • Author

That would be great Caryl!!! :D He was such a cool dood!!! 8) I have got all the equipement to start on Longnose Larries nose!! He is a bird wrass with a growth on his nose, its getting hard for him to eat now. I saw Steve Erwin do surgery on a fish, so I got a few suppies from work and am going to attempt it. Clove oil to put him to sleep, marcain with adrenilin to numb the nose....then lop it off, plaster it with alovera gell, then put in a hospital tank to recover.....

Go for it Sally and make sure Dennis or someone takes pics of it all!!!! :wink:

If necessary I can come and do that, just not this weekend.

I was in Redwoods on the weekend and I heard Bob saying the lawnmowers aren't on the allowed list at the moment. However the MAF list is being reviewed and I heard him saying they may be coming in the next few months.

I feel for you, my lawnmower blennie is my favourite fish and you just can't beat them for personality. Mine also likes to sit in your hand :)

Lawn mower Blennies are no longer on the allowed list, I'd suggest not posting that a shop has them if they don't and if they do, as a responsible fish keepers we shouldn't support any banned fish being imported. I'm aware of one shop that has already been 'visited' by MAf because of importing Lawn mower Blennies under a different name.

As much as we may not agree with MAF's reasons for removing some fish, flaunting the rules is not going to help get them added back, if anything it's going to increase the likely hood that MAF will want to start DNA testing all imported fish to confirm what is coming in.

Flaunting the rules?! I stated that Redwood Aquatics DID NOT have them in stock but they would be stocking more if the were allowed back on the MAF list, possibly in a few months.

think you should re-read my post

Perhaps you should reread mine? I was suggesting that importers are flaunting the rules, and that it does the hobby no good if we support them doing this. I didn't direct anything at you personally, my point was to the posters who said they would go look and post if Redwoods had them.

  • Author

Yes!!! A human nurse though!!! They can talk!!! :P:P

Sorry about the little argument going on.....I just want the Lawn Mowers to come back!! Now we all know its up to MAF to give the go ahead....until then there will be no other fish to compensate for the loss of my "Hugo"!!! :cry::cry:

The first step to the surgery is to CATCH Larry!!! That will be quiet hard as he is very intelligent....and know whats up....and hides quiet well!! I shall have to do it by surprise!!!

I'm waiting for lawnmowers to come on the allowed list too. I don't liek that MAF doesn't allow them, but I'm sure they have a reason (even if it is arbitrary and somewhat odd).

  • Author

Yes I wonder what the reason is too...they are such wonderful fish......my very bestest fish!!! :P Hope they come in soon...my tank is not the same...no one comes up for a scratch anymore at feeding time... :cry:

I don't know if is the reason but there is a very high mortality rate with LMB's. They eat a huge amount of algae and the goal of most tanks is to have as little algae as possible, most stave to death.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.