what is a good antibiotic for wound?

Vervo

Hi all,

my female fighter has a wound and has white fluffy fungus grow over it, I am treating it in furan 2, i am not sure if I put enough in, as I separate the finish in a 1L coke bottle. I aso put a little bit of melafix and salt in.

Is that too much?? :-?

Both melafix and furan 2 have all the instructions on the label. You put in the appropriate amount for the volume of water you are treating. We can't guess without knowing the volume and dose!

Don't mix meds, and putting a 'little bit' in (as oppose the the suggested dose) is unlikely to achieve much.

If your fish is in a 1.5L coke bottle it may well die of lack of oxygen before it dies from the fungus....!

haha yeah def good measuring scales would be good

failing that just had a idea

if you took a furan 2 capsul (too the instructions of 1 tab per 37.5 litres)?? think thats rite

(dont have furan 2 here to confirm)

took say 375mils of sterile water (or boiled water to kill bacteria)

added the furan capsule and mixed until totally dissolved

then used the formula 10mils per litre to add that to the coke bottle

so you would add 15mils per 1.5litres... (use a syringe (without needle) from chemist to measure)

you could then put the left over in a bottle and use until you are finished dosing 2-3times etc

dont know how long it would last. but if its boiled water the bacteria level should be down so should last a while

just a idea.. principal should work

very correct ron :)

furan and fridge... no ;) (if it was decently sealed it shouldnt cuase a problem tho ie no chance of leakage)

i just seem to have alot of fridges that i can use whatever for around here ...

ones that dont have food etc in them :)

have edited my post to save any confusion

you dont happen to have any decent fighters for sale at mo do you ron?

• 3 weeks later...
You must have very accurate laboratory scales if you can add the correct dosage of furan2 to a coke bottle.

I happen to be a stage 1 chemistry student.

but still need a more accurate way to do this.

I am sick of the furan 2, I think I may get cancer ><

why dont they design a easy applicably solution instead of the powder in a capsule, which on the description says please avoid touching it with bare hand, but how? putting a glove on is just gonna making it harder..

I find a link about the product data sheet, but it's API one

http://cms.marsfishcare.com/files/msds/furan2powder_2979.pdf

just take the capsule, open it by twisting it gently. (hold it from the round parts, as those are the strongest bits). put the contents into a glass something or the other, add some warm water, and presto.

That's how I do it. :D and have never got any furan on my hands, and i work with the stuff all the time. :lol: :D HTH

Ah I remeber stage one chemistry.

Slept thru the whole year as it was at 8 am on a friday morning and it would have been rude not to have gone to the Yaldy every thursday . Had this great band called shoptalk. about 20 of us used to go every week.

Used to get home at 6 shower breakfast then to the lab sleep til 12 then next class home by 3 sleep go out then off to rugby...those were the days

and we used to get 7 of us in a morri land crab ( fish reference) and whilst a few guys caught the odd disease not sure any of them were fungal.

any way

airation is a must I guess in a coke bottle but it would be good to have an update of fishy wounds