How do you encourage a BN out of his driftwood?

LisaC

Scrub the wood in the water?

The small particles of wood/algae/ stuff thats on wood would then float around the tank :roll:

Simple as that sounds, I have had the wood out many times, but he is determined not to come out - He is deep inside the wood.

I know they can last a while out of water, but don't really want to be doing it on a regular basis!

Do you mean by that that there is a hole in the wood that he's inside(or a cave :o )

I thought you were going to suggest tying the string around his tail and pulling him out! :lol:

JOKE!!! DO NOT TRY THIS!!!! :-?

Obviously a joke, bristlenoses are like giant barbs, no way you'd get him out tail first.

You need to tie the string to his tongue and pull him out frontwards.

I think Sam was actually being sensible when he answered you. I am still trying to get my driftwood to sink. It is currently attached to weights to hold it down. Every couple of weeks or so I need to take it out, take the weights off and see if it will sink yet.

Everytime my bristlenose is glued to it, but I just do as Sam says, lift it to the top of the water and nudge, nudge, nudge him until he finally lets go and swims into the water. I understand your bristlenose is obviously too far into the wood, but for those that are just stuck on and easily accessible, I do as Sam said.

Still waiting on my driftwood to sink on its own...........................

Julie

Thanks for the support js. 8)

Yes, I was being serious. Whenever I need to catch my BN's, I pull their wood up a bit, put the net under it where they are and lift it out of the water. 100% of the time they jump off into the net. But when I pour them and their water into the tank, thye sometimes stay stuck on the side. :-?

I had forgotten . . . I had just fed him some courgette that day, so I'll have to wait a bit and try again in a couple of days.

I read somewhere about a kiwifruit. Might use that as bait (and being careful not to break the glass too :o )

Thanks all

No worries, I can see where you were coming from.

When I clean algae off the glass sometimes it's so thick that I can see it being pulled off and dispersed into the water. Then I don't see it again. :-? Whatever works I guess. Plus I don't mind a bit of green algae as long as the plants are all good. It's the black algae I hate, which I may have finally gotten rid of. :bounce: