What guppys do you have?

Charlie

• 4 weeks later...

I have a bit of a variety - breeding towards golds with high fin females (ie long dorsal fin) and nice tails in the males. I'm interested in the high fin genetics as I only seem to be getting a few. Since it's the females displaying the trait I have no idea which are the best males, or if it even matters. Does anyone know about this? I have about five large grey females that have dorsal fins overlapping with their tails. They remind me of Thelwell's ponies. There are now two gold females coming along too. So I'm getting there. But it's slow going.

I have a bit of a variety - breeding towards golds with high fin females (ie long dorsal fin) and nice tails in the males. I'm interested in the high fin genetics as I only seem to be getting a few. Since it's the females displaying the trait I have no idea which are the best males, or if it even matters. Does anyone know about this? I have about five large grey females that have dorsal fins overlapping with their tails. They remind me of Thelwell's ponies. There are now two gold females coming along too. So I'm getting there. But it's slow going.

Sounds like you have the same golds as me :) But I am getting a large number of the long finned females coming along, and also longer finned males to put back to them..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fullorange-1.jpg

Sorry about the copyright, I've had a bad experience a couple weeks ago.

Not quite where I want to be, body colour isn't as intense as the tail, but its more red compared with the blonde and orange stock I started with.

Found this pic from a post I made a few years ago

guppy3.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...