Calling all bird keepers

bedazzled

ok birdy people, I attempted to make my own honey seed bell for my cockatiel, Echo :roll: BUT it was obviously too sticky and now he has a seriously dirty moosh, his beak, and feathers around it are sticky and manky lol and to make it worse I have been asked to take him to the local kindy next week.

He loves having a "shower" with a spray bottle but he dosen't like to get right in water. Any ideas on how to clean him? or what I can use to get it off that won't make him sick?

Thanks in advance :D

give him a bucket full of water and let him give him self a bath.

if that dont work..

well you can give him a manual bath but he probably wont be very appreciative.

*packs Echo in a box and posts him to P44's house* lol

Might try it though, what is the worst that can happen lol cockatiel bites don't hurt that much :lol:

I would just use a Wet Fannel, you could just give him a Bed Bath, without the Bed :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I should really try and get a pic of him, he is such a mess :P

Might try some before and after shots lol and will include pics of the stumps that use to be my fingers :lol: :lol:

lol. wet birds look horrible don't they!

ha ha. has all the honey come off?

Yeah, he is all shiny and clean now lol

Still not too impressed with me though :lol: every time I talk to him he either ignores me or makes his growling noise

he looks sweet :D

He is a handsome boy :D have had some one say he is a girl though :o

those pieds can be hard to sex when young

the cheek patch is bright orange but than can be affected by the amount of yellow in the bird

the best indication of sexing is the middle tail feather

in males it is one colour, in females it has barring on it

ie: white will have yellow barring, it can be very hard to see in young birds but should be more apparent when older

this can also be affected by the amount of yellow in the bird

males talk better than females, some males don't talk

the only 100% way of sexing is if it lays eggs then you know it is a female :D

those pieds can be hard to sex when young

the cheek patch is bright orange but than can be affected by the amount of yellow in the bird

the best indication of sexing is the middle tail feather

in males it is one colour, in females it has barring on it

ie: white will have yellow barring, it can be very hard to see in young birds but should be more apparent when older

this can also be affected by the amount of yellow in the bird

males talk better than females, some males don't talk

the only 100% way of sexing is if it lays eggs then you know it is a female :D

His middle tail feather is all grey, and yeah his cheek patch is really bright, is colour is still changing a bit though. I don't really mind if he is male or female. I have no intention of breeding from him. He does talk a bit already but he kind of whistle talks lol I think this is from us talking to him in high pitched baby voices lol

Good to see you finally got him clean again! I doubt Bud would have let me wash him like that!

Echo wasn't very keen either lol he bit me a few times but didn't do much damage as I had him wrapped in a flannel with only his head sticking out. I actually think he started to enjoy it in the end, of course he was not admitting that :P