Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Homemade food

Featured Replies

Well, looks like either glutenized rice flour doesn't work, or I didn't mix it in well enough. Looks pretty interesting when the fish swallow a chunk and then spend 10 seconds puffing white clouds out their gills. Makes them look like they're smoking. It also didn't hold together very well, so there are little fragments floating all over the tank.

Now I've gotta decide what to do with what I made, I don't really want to feed it to them if it makes that much of a mess, but there's a pretty big lot of it. Guess the dog might get it, she got what was left of the beefheart and liver, so looks like she'll end up getting ALL of it.

Hi Ira, sounds like you had fun with that stuff. I have not tried using gluten flour before but this is what I do and it works for me. Bleend up some chicken liver, beef heart, fish, and spinich to an almost liquid consistancy then use a bowl and a wooden spoon to mix in some dried breadcrumbs till its a thick paste. Flaten it out betwwen sheets of creaseproof paper and freeze.

Fun? Ick, definitely not fun.:) Hmmm, You blend your mix to almost liquid? Maybe I didn't blend mine enough. Hey, Warren, wouldn't happen to be willing to sell me a batch next time you do some? hehehe.:)

  • 5 years later...
Nope, thats the beauty of this food, it does not cloud the water at all. The gluten flour completely binds everything and stops the cloudiness.

Do you think Warren that this could be made entirely out of vegies for the BN's?? Cause they are getting thoroughly sick of courgettes, zuchini and cucumber (which have been keeping very well into winter this year).

Currently I have lots of carrots, spinach and silverbeet in the garden, but need something to bind it together. Would this gluten work? Or shall I try gelatine?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.