How do I make $250 in 3 weeks???

megs27

I have a Parelli clinic that I really really really want to go to but as with everyboby else out there it's the same with us money is tight.

I have been selling a few Malaysain trumpet snails on TM but I'm going to have to sell alot more to make the full amount needed, I also have some guppies nearly really for sale I just need them to grow faster!!!!

Does anyone have any sugestions on what else I could do?

Oh by the way a parelli Clinic is learning natural horsemanship skills basically comunicating with your horse kindly, I have been doing some of this on my horse over the years and would like to learn more.

I'm a full time mum with two under 4yrs so a job isn't really an option with my hubby a truck driver so up early and home late and usually working on Saturday to unless there would be a job on Sundays, I should ask living Art if they need help on Sunday? Hey Mark?? :hail::bow:

Doing the mucking out might be an option I will ask the people running the clinic tonight.

Thanks for your thoughts.

You could make crafts, or sell some old things around the house on trademe this week.

Yeah I'm all for the big cleanout/Trademe blitz! to extend that idea, you could offer to clean out the garages of family & friends, in exchange for any old stuff they don't want that you could sell. My Sis is a very good organiser and a TradeMe regular, and I often think I would love her to come over and clean out my wardrobe, garage & kitchen cupboards and get rid of all my junk for me, and in exchange I would be delighted for her to sell it all off and keep the proceeds.

And especially for a good cause like yours, I imagine family and friends would be delighted to help.

Hi,

I was into PNH years ago did a couple of clinics back around 94 ( I can't possibly be that old -surely not!)and it was expensive then! I have been looking to get back into it and have the same problem as you- lack of funds and time!( thats what having kids does for you! LOL)

I have found out about the local savvy club. Looks to be good. The members get together for DVD evenings ,lessons and playdays etc. Had a lady visit yesterday who is coming back with some DVDs for me to look at and to show me some things and tell me how things have changed.

So if you don't get to go to the clinic you may be able to join a local savvy club and learn that way.

Good Luck

My teenage neice is lucky enough to live in Kerikeri and trains with the woman who was on Country Calendar the other day (sorry I've forgotten her name) :oops:

I'm not a horsey person but having heard all about Natural Horsemanship from my neice and her Mum, it seems like a wonderful philosophy! I only wish it was the default way of learning/riding in New Zealand!

Good on you all who are into it and exptending your knowledge in the area. :hail:

what do you know really well? I recently made some money by going to local opshops and identifying 80s toys that I remember as a kid that are now collectable (cabbage patch, my little pony, daisy) and selling them on TM. Got $120 for one daisy doll by researching her on the internet before selling. Paid $10 for her. But it wouldn't have to be dolls. If there is something you can see at the salvos that would sell for a lot more on TM go for it. My favourites to sell: the old fashioned glass lemon squeezers (pay a couple of $, sell for $10 or so) and pre-1970s knitting and sewing patterns. Check what things are going for on TM first and then set a budget of what you will spend and raid the thrift shops and garage sales. You are bound to know something well enough to be a good trader of it. Best of luck! :D

Just thinking, as you are a mummy you probably know which are really good brands of kids and baby clothes and gear that can be resold. There seems to often be very good quality stuff languishing at the opshops that just need laundering and marketing. You'll know the best stuff, don't bother with cheap brands or worn out stuff. Snaffle the best that the opshops have and resell them. Also hold a party where all your lovely yummy mummy friends can swap baby/kid stuff for a small entrance fee, say $10 and they get a glass of wine to help things along. They bring their gear and hand it to you, you give them tokens representing the value of what they bought and they can spend it on goodies other people brought along. Advertise it at the kindy. Sell stuff you nabbed at the opshops too. At the end anything left over ask if you can hang on to and resell it on TM.

Thanks they are all really good suggestions except selling my horse are you nuts :-? :-? !!!

He was my first baby only 18months old when I got him, he will be celebrating his 13th birthday on September 19th.

Could go through my tack room and have a clear out I bet there are some things in there that could go on TM good old TM.

Will hit the op shops tomorrow too.

TAB.....

I've only ever put $150 in to my account over about 8 or 9 years and withdrawn thousands.

Just know when to stop and stay away from the AirNZ Cup at the moment as its a bit random. Take short odds on things like NRL and multi them up to get a good return.

I haven't dabbled in TAB so wouldn't know where to start lotto is about my limit to gambling, Just made another $60 selling guppies thanks Sharn :D:D

Only $140 to go :bounce:

Who want any Malaysain trumpet snails???????

20 for $10 and an extra $6.80 for over night courier and a plastic jar. :wink: :lol:

well. no that was more a joke. FX is the best way to lose all your money if you do not understand what makes currencies move.

you can sign up for an oanda account on-line, and trade on there.

I would not recommend it, as you can make massive losses (get margin called) and lose everything in a matter of minutes.

to make a profit with banks, you will need to trade without physical cash as the margins are lower, but you need money to make the money. again, don't do it unless its extra cash you want to play with.