Juwel Vs Aqua One

Southerrrngirrl

Just been thinking that it might be time to upgrade to a slightly larger tank than my current AR850. I was looking at the Juwel Rio 180. Just wondering what the difference between the trickle filter of the Aqua One and the square box in the Juwel is?? How do they differ in operation and ease of maintenance?

And also I believe the Juwel has T5 lighting? I've seen people around here talk about T5's but no idea what that means. Can someone enlighten me please?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my Jewl

The filter is really easy to look after and I think they advertise it as an "internal canister filter". It also takes water from the top and bottom of the tank which is nice because it stops that film on the top of the water forming.

The T5 lighting is good for the plants too. T5 is a reference to the diameter of the tubes.

I like my Jewl

The filter is really easy to look after and I think they advertise it as an "internal canister filter". It also takes water from the top and bottom of the tank which is nice because it stops that film on the top of the water forming.

The T5 lighting is good for the plants too. T5 is a reference to the diameter of the tubes.

So less noisy than the trickle filter system? What about maintenance? Do you need to take it out rinse it, replace media anything like that?

Good to know about the lights. Definitely want to do a planted tank and have it look good.. not like the current manky jungle I have.

The filter is silent (as silent and it can be)

The filter media is pads that you rinse every 3 months (what the LFS guy told me) and you can replace them if you want. I have also chucked a bunch of bio balls in it too because there is space in their for a heater but we have ours hidden behind a plant. The media is in 2 pull out holder so is really easy to change

I found this that might help

http://www.aquacare.co.uk/media/change-filter-l.jpg

ok. so

aquaones are a good tank as a whole.

the stands have more space in them for external filters, and stuff.

t8 lights that are fine for plant growth, infact it will grow most things like swords, tiger lotus etc.

some people like the curved glass.

the filters are the weakness of this tank. its like ferrari making a 1.8L 4cylinder car.

juwels are newer, parts are more easily available.

t5 lights are much brighter, also good for plants.

the cabinets are good too, but i wish they were a bit more spacious.

the juwel filters are good. use the sponges for as long as you like, and then get rid of them and fill it with media. honestly no one needs those many sponges. toooooo many sponges.

then there are the smaller details - toughened glass (I think), black silicone, and they are german made.

The colour options are nicer. My personal preference is the dark wood colour.

also the covers on the tanks may look and feel flimsy are very very hard to break, they can be bend with ends touching each other.

oh you also have 3d background options, hidden heater and that sort of german ingenuity.

both tanks will be happier with an external filter.

hmm.. i wonder if i have covered all the points.

I have 3 AquaOne Tanks :bounce:

1 x AR980

1 x AR620T

1 X AR620

Love the Curved Corners, no horrible places for Algae to Grow. Cabinets on Aquaone's have good space aswell.

I didn't like the look of the Tank overhanging the Tank Stand, just seemed a strange thing for them to do, and doesn't look as stable as a Tank Stand that fits perfectly under the Tank.

I run an AquaOne CF1200 and each of these Tanks.

Love all of these Tanks, but have to agree with phoenix about running an External Filter on either of them.

I looked at the Juwels before I bought the Aquaone's too, but to be honest, for the amount in $$$ difference between the Juwel and the AquaOne's, I really couldn't see what I was getting for the amount of extra money I was having to Pay for the Juwel.

my aqua one filter on the top is great i find it better than the smaller tank i have that has 2 internal ones

and the jewel ones my friend brought one of them lost half of her fish coz of the filter in there jewel said there is problems with them so she got an external !

I have 3 AquaOne Tanks :bounce:

1 x AR980

1 x AR620T

1 X AR620

Love the Curved Corners, no horrible places for Algae to Grow. Cabinets on Aquaone's have good space aswell.

I didn't like the look of the Tank overhanging the Tank Stand, just seemed a strange thing for them to do, and doesn't look as stable as a Tank Stand that fits perfectly under the Tank.

I run an AquaOne CF1200 and each of these Tanks.

Love all of these Tanks, but have to agree with phoenix about running an External Filter on either of them.

I looked at the Juwels before I bought the Aquaone's too, but to be honest, for the amount in $$$ difference between the Juwel and the AquaOne's, I really couldn't see what I was getting for the amount of extra money I was having to Pay for the Juwel.

Good point about the curved corners, however I haven't had to clean any corners (curved or otherwise!) since getting bristlenoses!

What is the price difference between Aqua One & Juwel? I didn't see a great difference between the two.

I have found the condensation sits on the lip of the lid thing where its meant to drain off, my old second hand one it has damaged the stand in places. the other one is ok

I have moved and the floor is better here where the tank is so keep that inmind

The Jewuls are lovely id love one but id buy another filter after seeing my friends fish die

fish were fine in the other tank, had to buy external filter and have the j one taken out it was absoulte crap the pet store said there is prob with the filters !!!

Might of only been one line but wow the tanks are nice !!!!

These are just some prices that I got off the Net, so approximate's,

Juwel Vision 180 Tank and Stand 180 Ltr $1545.00

Aquaone AR850 Tank and Stand 165 Ltr $870.00

I really dont think you're getting alot extra in the Juwel Tanks, for the extra Money they want for them.

I do agree with aaron11, putting an External Filter on either of these Tanks would be great.

I really dont think you're getting alot extra in the Juwel Tanks, for the extra Money they want for them.

Wow. I can get the Juwel Rio 180 tank locally for $499. And the tank and stand for about $936. There doesn't appear to be a great deal of difference between the Rio 180 and the Vision 180 that I can see, just dimensions are slightly different??

I do agree with aaron11, putting an External Filter on either of these Tanks would be great.

How can you compare a 165L and a 180l tank for prices that would be like saying that I got my Juewl for $150 on sale (store demo model) and the others where all over $500

The tank was $699 new and the others of the same size were about $500 to $600

How can you compare a 165L and a 180l tank for prices that would be like saying that I got my Juewl for $150 on sale (store demo model) and the others where all over $500

The tank was $699 new and the others of the same size were about $500 to $600

well when you're paying $675 more for just 15L more i would want to make sure the difference is warranted in quality and features. Is it really $675 more value?

its kind of like buying a nice leather couch compared to buying a couch at the warehouse it looks really nice but function wise its not a lot better , my opinion though is if you have the money go for the juwel