Beardie setup long awaited upgrade nears completion :D

Finally made some time and have almost completed the new digs. (beats old fishtanks)

Unit made from MDF, polyurethaned, glass doors etc, very simple but yea im stoked its almost complete.

IMG_1512.jpg

Put a young males in today, he took to his reflection (and the fumes from polyurethane?) :D

IMG_1517.jpg

Then he noticed he could see his brother across in another setup :shock:

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

He ran up and down so i opened the door and he jumped onto my arm and started head bobbin lol

IMG_1526.jpg

Thanks for the positive comments :D

Looks great. It takes a bit of work to build them so I reckon you will be pleased it is completed.

Definitely, started with a hiss and roar. Me and a mate put it together and had the first coat of poly on in 5 hours. The poly, doors and lights have been a bit more time consuming and fiddly but yea im happy shes so close to been done.

Hopefully get the last tracks today (on order) so the rest of the glass can go in then just wait for polyurethane to cure properly and yea mission complete.

Finally made some time and have almost completed the new digs. (beats old fishtanks)

Unit made from MDF, polyurethaned, glass doors etc, very simple but yea im stoked its almost complete.

IMG_1512.jpg

Put a young males in today, he took to his reflection (and the fumes from polyurethane?) :D

IMG_1517.jpg

Then he noticed he could see his brother across in another setup :shock:

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

He ran up and down so i opened the door and he jumped onto my arm and started head bobbin lol

IMG_1526.jpg

your tank looks awsome my dad said hell build me a tank but of coarse he never get round to it :roll: lol

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there, its just artificial grass/astro turf from bunnings, warehouse etc. Hose it out every coulpe of weeks or so and vacuum (sp?) out dried salad and other chuckny bits every other day. (pays to have a seperae vacuum from the house one as it can get smelly)

melt edges of the artificial grass to stop it fraying etc