Registering Breedings

Aquila

I'd also be interested to know how you can become a registered breeder...

first of all you need to belong to a fish club

You are lucky that you have a number to choose from

Kapi mana club

Wellington Aquarium and Garden society

Upper Hutt Aquarium society

then you take note of the day you see your new fish swimming, then a month later get another club member to site the fish and then fill in the breeding form and send it to me.

simple

Let me know if you want more info.

Fraid so. as the parents need to be seen at the same time as the 30 day old fry

So the last batch I had I would not be able to register if I was a member because the mother died a week after the eggs were laid.

I think it is funny that you can have fry and lots of them but not be certified as a breeder because the mother did not survive?

Is it just me or is that confusing?

Fraid so. as the parents need to be seen at the same time as the 30 day old fry

I know that Wok is the current breeding coordinator so I don't want to step on any toes but the rules and regs simply state:

"The breeder is to have possession of both parents at the time of spawning." (emphasis added)

So buying a mouthbrooder that already had a mouthfull would not qualify or simply hatching killfish eggs you'd got from someone else would not qualify.

If the rules have changed to still having the parents alive at the 30 day mark then there are potentially going to be some irritated killikeepers (for those types where the eggs are kept in peat for months before hatching them).

I know that Wok is the current breeding coordinator so I don't want to step on any toes but the rules and regs simply state:

"The breeder is to have possession of both parents at the time of spawning." (emphasis added)

So buying a mouthbrooder that already had a mouthfull would not qualify or simply hatching killfish eggs you'd got from someone else would not qualify.

If the rules have changed to still having the parents alive at the 30 day mark then there are potentially going to be some irritated killikeepers (for those types where the eggs are kept in peat for months before hatching them).

OK. I stand corrected. :oops:

Rob is correct. You don't have to have both parents after the spawning.

Fry need to be seen and confirmed by another FNZAS member after 30 days, and then I need to be informed of this registration within 60 days of Hatching (free swimming) the official form can be sent / emailed to me at a later date for my official records (form can be downloaded from the link below)

hope that helps

The official rules can be found here

http://www.fnzas.org.nz/index.php?PG=breedingscheme

and I repeat

Mr Wok

Did you get my email asking about specie and registering?

I have a several that are waiting your reply before I get someone to site them and fill the forms in

have someone site them now, and I will come up with a result later tonight.

Need to check the previous Breeding Coordinator, Kevin

sorry to hassle you

I hope you understand the reasoning behind what Im wanting to know.

It would mean that all Fundulopanchax would be lumped in together as would Nothos, Aphy, Epiplaties and South Americans

In other words, in Killies there would only be possibly 5 sections instead of the 30plus that we have

Which would pose problems in future searches for someone with a specie that needs preserving

Killis are quite unique in that respect

have someone site them now, and I will come up with a result later tonight.

For goodness sake, it is sight, not site - you are not a teenager engaging in text-speak, pull your socks up, Wok! :wink:

Or it could also be 'cite'...hehehe.

'Sight' kinda doesn't make sense...shouldn't it be 'see'?

'Site' works if the person makes sure the can be found at the residence!

The English language is nutty! ;)

For goodness sake, it is sight, not site - you are not a teenager engaging in text-speak, pull your socks up, Wok! :wink: