Beware Thermal Imaging Cameras At Airports

VinsonMassif

pity bcos its hilarious.

I agree. But even though this one's a hoax, it must be possible in theory, right? As one of the commenters pointed out, the 'plume' of gas should be the same temperature as the person's body so it should be visible on the camera.

How about that TV ad for heat pumps where they are supposedly using a thermal imaging camera to prove their point. Did anyone else notice the fish bowl with an angel fish in it? It shows the fish glowing warmer than the water. But a cold-blooded animal will just be the same temperature of the water around it. Is that a hoax too? (Well I suppose the ad people would call it "special effects")

I agree. But even though this one's a hoax, it must be possible in theory, right? As one of the commenters pointed out, the 'plume' of gas should be the same temperature as the person's body so it should be visible on the camera.

How about that TV ad for heat pumps where they are supposedly using a thermal imaging camera to prove their point. Did anyone else notice the fish bowl with an angel fish in it? It shows the fish glowing warmer than the water. But a cold-blooded animal will just be the same temperature of the water around it. Is that a hoax too? (Well I suppose the ad people would call it "special effects")

the whole thing was probably done in special effects. I have very basic computer fx training and I could do it. I don't think the fish should be that colour, but as a point of fact cold blooded animals can be a little warmer than their surroundings if they have been using their muscles as there is waste heat generated by the metabolic action of fuelling the muscles. Sharks can apparently get quite warm!

That made me LOL.

Did anyone else notice the fish bowl with an angel fish in it? It shows the fish glowing warmer than the water. But a cold-blooded animal will just be the same temperature of the water around it.

I noticed that too, and I don't think those poor (computer generated) angel fish stuffed into that tiny bowl would have been getting much excersise so wouldn't be creating excess heat.