Tiger Lotus Question

Aaron-Betta

yea I don't think it will, All of the instances that I have read about say that they have anywhere between 5-15 leaves at the surface before it flowered. Mine for memory had 8 or 9 leaves when it started to flower but I try and keep it to 4 now to give the rest of the plants a shot of light and it seem happy to keep flowering on 4 leaves.

What do you have to do to make it flower? At the moment mines got 15= surfaced leaves, 6 or 7 leaves that have opened under the water and about 5 leaves making their way to the surface to open plus it's just put out it's it's 5th or 6th baby plant but still it won't flower :roll: :-?

Cam that sound just like my plant before it started to flower, stuck pups out like mad. just keep an eye out for a little red spire in the middle of the plant. My flowering did seem to coincide with a shift in the light spectrum and also a increase in intensity, but I have noway of telling if that was it. Also I use JBL balls and they made a noticeable difference in the grow rate of my plants, in particular my tiger lotus.

Encouraging floating leaves I don't know about, maybe more light, root frets (eg JBL balls) and time.