ok i wanna know how much your power bill is before winter

aaron11

the carbon stuff the heater gives off is bad for you and gives bad headaches

Been using it a couple of months and yet to see any downside to it. We bought a new one this winter and like I say, no problems with damp or mold and no bad headaches.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably wouldn't be too hard to rig up a year round solar set up for fish tanks. Solar panel + solar controller (some are built into panels nowadays) + deep cycle battery + power inverter. Initial start up costs could probably (emphasis on probably, would need to really study it) be recouped in the first year. I work at supercheapauto, this stuff is getting cheaper and cheaper, except for batteries because the price of lead has gone through the roof!

20w Solar panel (SCA brand, has controller built in) $250 - $300 approx. Deepcycle (must be deep cycle, designed to discharge, unlike car batteries) battery 120 amp hour $300 approx. Power Inverter under $100. So, call it around $650-$700 start up cost. Depends on how much you spend a year for fish tank power to decide if it could be viable.

Any electricians out there that know how many amps a filter, air stone and heater would draw an hour, roughly?? Would 120 amp hour battery and 20watt charger cover it?

Mark well i sold some guppies i had so that helped

i have 60 litre 90 litre, 22 litre and 3 foot turtle tank would that add up to 35 like yours???

my last bill was 130 in the summer its under 100

I try save power where i can but I LOVE MY FISH

I had one that was 180 but i used the dryer

i have tv, comptuers, 4 tanks, showers cookin dryer maybe twice a week electric blanket

etc

so not to bad for 130

i use electric heating now hate gas so if I can keep it around 150 i be happy