Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Glowlights V's Killies

Featured Replies

My large community fish are soon going to a new home. I love glowlight tetras and was hoping just to fill the 3ft with them (and residing bristlenoses). But then i thought...........hang on! my killies are breeding ok, why not just start releasing them into the big tank? Would they be ok with the tetras? there's plenty of plants and wood to hide. or should i splash out seeing as i am officially getting older next month and would like nothing better than more fish :lol:

what type of Killies? I have had Australes and and clowns with cardinals and rummy noses but if the killie is big enough to eat the neon they will.

I don't know why, but I always assumed killies were too aggressive to put in with smaller (tetras etc) community fish. If one wanted to get a killie or 2 for such a tank, what type would be best?

  • Author
what type of Killies? I have had Australes and and clowns with cardinals and rummy noses but if the killie is big enough to eat the neon they will.

Australe only. Just thought it'd look good with 20-30 odd swimming around.

Atm I'm kind of doing a killie community tank, it is a 200l plated with 10 Australe golds, 6 clowns, ottos and more cories then I care to count. I'm still looking at what other type I can add to it but with what is in there atm it still looks pretty cool.

I don't know why, but I always assumed killies were too aggressive to put in with smaller (tetras etc) community fish. If one wanted to get a killie or 2 for such a tank, what type would be best?

It's ok many people misinformed about Killies, I found that Australes were easy to start with and are probable a good choice.

Atm I'm kind of doing a killie community tank, it is a 200l plated with 10 Australe golds, 6 clowns, ottos and more cories then I care to count. I'm still looking at what other type I can add to it but with what is in there atm it still looks pretty cool.

ive found males together to be no worries at all.

i did see one breeders setup where there wouldve been at least 50 killies in a 2 footer of one species, all seemed to get along fine

ive found males together to be no worries at all.

i did see one breeders setup where there wouldve been at least 50 killies in a 2 footer of one species, all seemed to get along fine

:oops: :oops: :oops:

you mean your avatar pic?

one of the whole tank would be cool. Is it the one with your tiger lotus?

Can you not see my pic 1st page 3rd to last post? yes it is my tank with tiger lotus (its on the right).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.