June 6, 200917 yr comment_310515 Has anyone seen a Fluval Edge tank for sale anywhere in NZ or know how much they would cost? Looks like the perfect tank for my office at work - Stylish 23L, 3D Cube Aquarium Set - Professional, hidden filtration for clean, clear water - Partially sealed glass top allows aquarium to be filled to the brim - Provides high definition viewing from every angle - 2 x 10W safe, low voltage Halogen lights create stunning "shimmer" effect - Floating base design for a clean, contemporary look - Overall dimensions: 36.5cm H x 43cm W x 35cm D - Tank Dimensions: 22.4cm H x 43cm W x 26cm D More info at the Hagen website: http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/Fluval_EDGE.pdf Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section, didn't really know where it would fit as it's not WTB yet, just after info. Report
June 6, 200917 yr comment_310522 not available here just as yet. its a neat tank but there are a couple of issues - like a limited space on top for you to put ornaments in etc. and plain halogen bulbs so only good for low light plants. I suspect these may make it here, after (and only if) they sell well in other countries. Report
June 6, 200917 yr comment_310530 It has just gone on sale in the UK and my friend Sean (manager of Wharf Aquatics) has just set one up in the shop. It looked really good but he was not sure how it would go long term. It is very small so you are limited to what can be put in it. The water fills to the top so tricky if you have to stick your hand in. It looked good though It was selling there for about 90 pounds, which translates to around $249. Very expensive for such a small tank. Report
June 6, 200917 yr Author comment_310535 I wouldn't consider that to be overly expensive. Taking that you have the tank, heater, lights and filter all in one. Not to mention the stylish look. I think I would pay that for one. Given that I want it for my office so it would have to look good. Report
June 7, 200917 yr comment_310766 I wouldn't consider that to be overly expensive. Taking that you have the tank, heater, lights and filter all in one. Not to mention the stylish look. I think I would pay that for one. Given that I want it for my office so it would have to look good. I looked on the website and they do not come standard with a heater. I think i might just make one instead, have to glass and wood for it. Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_310953 is it easy enough to cut a u shape like that in a pice of glass? Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_310954 Hmm looks like a good project to work on once i get down to my One tank :lol: Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_310965 is it easy enough to cut a u shape like that in a pice of glass? I have never tried to cut a "U" shape before but if i try and fail then off to the glass place with a piece for them to cut. I have plans already through Google Sketchup :lol: Is it breach of copy right laws if i copy the design a little bit? Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311029 OMG! stop stealing my ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this planned out for more than a month now. i may make a tank like that, as soon as my exams get over Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311042 OMG! stop stealing my ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this planned out for more than a month now. i may make a tank like that, as soon as my exams get over I will send you my plans if you are keen :lol: :lol: Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311043 OMG! stop stealing my ideas!!!!!!!!!!!! I have had this planned out for more than a month now. i may make a tank like that, as soon as my exams get over P44- I think quite a few people have been thinking about it for quite awhile now.. :lol: Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311045 My plans include a built in filter instead of the hob filter, place for a heater as well. Am going to create one then test to see how big i can make one. I have a bit of excess glass around the place. Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311048 given that it fills to the top, how do they get around oxygen issues? Or can you only have enough fish for the actual surface area? Looks terribly annoying to clean or get anything into ever. The light is only on a tiny part of the surface, so it might have issues with being dull, especially if you want to grow plants. Apart from looking different, I fail to see any advantages to this compared to other commercial all-in-one aquaria.... Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311050 given that it fills to the top, how do they get around oxygen issues? Or can you only have enough fish for the actual surface area? Looks terribly annoying to clean or get anything into ever. The light is only on a tiny part of the surface, so it might have issues with being dull, especially if you want to grow plants. Apart from looking different, I fail to see any advantages to this compared to other commercial all-in-one aquaria.... +1 Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311054 it has the wow- factor. in reality the lights are not suited to growing plants, and only plants like java fern, crypts, and maybe some sag species will survive. the tanks are not too large - they capture the nano market. the tanks are accessible from that little box on top of the tank. it comes off to reveal a lighting uni with 2 halogens, and a HOB filter. remove them and there is a small square where you can fit your hand in. the oxygen problem does not exist as the HOB filter does its job and creates flow, and exposes a certain amount of water to the air. i can imagine having problems if the tank was overstocked, or in the case of a prolonged power cut. The best thing is that it looks different; and we like different. and you can get them in different colours. a bit like those old imac's in colours. totally useless, but were so different that they were amazingly popular! Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_311056 I totally agree with you but i guess it is just something different and unusal to have around the place. Also oxygen will be generated by the water been returned by the filter, it will have enough surface agitation. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.