May 30, 200917 yr comment_309223 Does anyone have them? I saw them today and thought they may bring abit of colour into the tank...anyone had any experience with them? Thanks Pete Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_309225 Apple snails are great as long as you dont have plants. They will eat em right down to the ground Report
May 30, 200917 yr Author comment_309229 Is that all kinds? Thats no good cause i have plants... Is that the case if you keep them well fed as well? Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_309230 i have heard they will eat all plants and keeping them well fed doesnt stop them from eating your plants Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_309233 got one but as soon as i upgrade the tank he's in with live plants he will be gone. Report
May 30, 200917 yr comment_309236 Get red ramhorns... they're much smaller though. Lighter on plants Report
May 31, 200917 yr comment_309351 I inherited one when I got my little tank, but I had to give him away when I got plants because he would b-line straight for the eel grass. I even put him in a breeding chamber temporarily as I looked for a good home and kept him fed on some lettuce and plant scraps that I didn't want....well one night he somehow muscled his way out of the chamber into the rest of my tank and over night, ate half of my one plant. He was cute otherwise though, always went to sleep in the same spot But yeah, luckily found him a home in a plantless tank! Milena Report
May 31, 200917 yr Author comment_309357 Thanks for all the advice. Will leave that idea alone then as i have spent so much time getting my plants growing and would be guttered if they got eaten. Report
June 12, 200917 yr comment_311847 I believe there are two distinc types of apple snail. One sort is fine but the other practises deforestation. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.