Neon died

aaron11

Hi do neons die easily?

I had one that just sort of wasted away, and now I had one that i had to dispose of nicely, that had lilke fungus or something growing out of his bottom it looked like his insides were coming out it was horrid poor fish

the rest are ok, oh one had a lump on its lip :lol: but it still eats and stuff

they are about a yh old now

I have 4 neons left out of the 10 I bought at the start of last year. All my other types of tetras are going strong.

I've euthanised 2; one had a tumour-like lump on the side. Once they stop being able to swim or eat I figure it's best to put them out of their misery.

Wish I'd chosen a better user name now! :(

i think i have about 12 left now i had some on my guppy tank omg they are the worst fish to catch lol

thank god they are 5 for ten bucks at the bird barn

i get nevous about paying 7 dollars each for a cardinal do they die just as easily?

Its said when the fish goes ick, and then its lights start going out and boom its dead or you have to put it down.

should i just leave the sick ones till they cant eat?

i think i have about 12 left now i had some on my guppy tank omg they are the worst fish to catch lol

thank god they are 5 for ten bucks at the bird barn

i get nevous about paying 7 dollars each for a cardinal do they die just as easily?

Its said when the fish goes ick, and then its lights start going out and boom its dead or you have to put it down.

My cardinals have all outlived my neons, they are also a fair bit hardier

ick? Fish have lights? What?? :-?

My experience with neons mimics others who have posted. Never had much success with them. I bought a group of 10 late last year, they are all long gone now. I've had greater success with Glowlights and Black Neon Tetras. I have some Black Neons that I've had for at least 3 years now.

I agree. Unless you're only paying a dollar a fish, or can breed enough to replace the ones that die, you're better off going with Cardinals. Don't buy them at $13 a fish though, that's just plain silly.

Sorry about your neon. But to be honest, there will be a lot more deaths in years to come :(

Hmm, I have 3 black neons that were rescued from a tank in a university chemistry lab over 2 years aao. They had lived in that 30L tank for 5 years and when I took them away the water in the lab tank hadn't been cleaned in so long you could hardly see through it and the water had evaporated a third of the way down the tank! I should have taken before and after pics! These fish are 7 years old now (no joke) and they just won't die!! Maybe the black ones are more hardy than the red/blue ones? :-?

$13 a cardinal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:o

they are supposed to be 10 bucks each, and 6 bucks each if you buy 10 or more.

jeez... and im planning on moving to Wellington next year!

wow you're planing to move to welly??

Who sells them at $13each?

I know one petshop that sells Chain Loaches at $26each! which is rediculous....I got my posse of 10 for $14each was regretting the buy until I saw the price of them at that other place