keeping saltwater fish to eat

fishbreeder

Ill leave it up to other 'businesses' to do the raising and killing of 'food animals' thanx.

As far as I am concerned, if you raise an animal and you are not a business, you shouldnt eat the animal as its a Pet.

Dont care wat anyone says, its eating yur pet and its wrong. :)

Good on those that eat their pets. :-?

i have 3 acres which i put a few lambs on & they will grow & will be eaten. I am not a business & they definately aren't pets, we cannot get close enough to them to touch as they are wild animals.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have 3 acres which i put a few lambs on & they will grow & will be eaten. I am not a business & they definately aren't pets, we cannot get close enough to them to touch as they are wild animals.

Thats kool, as I said, do as you like. Its not gonna change the way I fink about animals, and if you choose to eat yur pets (as I put it above) thats all good, you can do that, I juss never will. :-)

Doesnt make you a bad person, Im juss glad Im not like you guys, lol. :-)

Each to their own.

:) i wouldn't eat my pets either, my point is that they are not pets. :) they are wool clad grass processing poop factories. :D

Eating yur pets - EWWWWWWWWWW! :o:x:cry:

lol.

when i was 15, I had a massive pair of oscars in a 1500L tank. they were breeding and someone approached the tank and the male charged him and hit his head on the glass and he died on the spot.

by the time i got to know what was going on he was on the bbq sizzling. :o

i was upset that he died, but man.. that was one tasty meal. i was starving though and hadn't eaten in 2 days cause we went on a hunting trip just before and no one thought of bringing food / fire creating devices.

Thats kool, as I said, do as you like. Its not gonna change the way I fink about animals, and if you choose to eat yur pets (as I put it above) thats all good, you can do that, I juss never will. :-)

Doesnt make you a bad person, Im juss glad Im not like you guys, lol. :-)

Each to their own.

Mystic I think you are being somewhat obstinate in your definition of a pet. The free online dictionary defines "PET" as An animal kept for amusement or companionship. We are not talking about animals kept for companionship here we are talking about ones specifically bred to be eaten. THEY ARE NOT PETS, :roll:

I KNOW - I concider them as pets - thats why I said IMO. :-)

Ya can let it lay now, lol. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know what you mean. In 6th form I bred slaters for a biology assignment, as the school only had a few and then by the end of it i actually didn't want to give them to other people cause i wasn't sure if they would take care of them like I did ha ha lol. :lol:

yea leave mystic alone. i have thought and think its far too much work involved. might get the rods out instead

dont me daft - im not being mean to her - :roll: - i reckon she'd win if i was :) But its fair enough to argue ones point isnt it ? After all, we all have our opinions. Anyway, its all your fault - :P - you started it all wanting to eat your pets 8) :lol:

Each to their own. In some cultures people do not eat any meat. In others they eat cats, dogs, monkeys, snakes, horses or a whole variety of insects. In others they believe all living things have a soul and say a prayer for that soul even bfore eating vegetables. Humans are omnivores and are designed to eat meat and 5 veg. Who am I to argue with the creater--I just say "yes dear", and hog into whatever is going (well almost). Each to their own, and thank God we are all different as it would be pretty boring if we were not.

huge money is being invested in aquaculture these days,

they say it is so they don't have to catch fish from the ocean

i just think they have ruined the natural breeding stock in the ocean

with over fishing and poor assessments of the effects of overfishing and age fish breed at

as fishbreeder has probably realised keeping a large land based marine system going can be expensive