Help: - Name my kitten!

danilada

Well we got the kitten last night, she is 6 weeks old, so still tiny and I can't beleive we can't give her a name, more to the point we argue over names, so I think Ginger or Gingee will stay for now although partner is determined to stand at the porch and yell GING-AHH :oops:

Cute! Post some pics if you can.

I have no suggestions for names. When I name my cats/animals I wait a few days until their personality starts to show then name appropriately. Otherwise I just name them after stuff I/we like. We have Willow (named after a character from Buffy The Vampire Slayer), Orion (named by hubby after the constellation), Ariane (after the Ariane 5 rocket launched last year) to name just a few.

Or if you're feeling random...

http://www.geocities.com/debverhoeven/c ... achine.htm

http://paws-on-floors.co.uk/Database/CatNames.php

Our daughter named our cat, when she was three we were driving home with the kitten in a cat box and it started to go 'Mrow', our daughter goes 'Gary!' - obviously watches too much Spongebob.

The name stuck and we have to explain the story every time we point out that our ginger cat is a girl, whose name is Gary...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I worked for a vet my alltime favourite cat name was Wookie - the cat was a ginger that seriously looked like Chewbacca. There was also one called Goosemonster on the books but I never caught up with the owner to ask why. Same person had another called Lovecat.

99% of people have something like: Samantha, Misty, Jack, Kitty, Blackie, Socks

Then there are the Goosemonsters

Whatever you do please don't name it something really naff: there were a pair called Espresso and Latte and I felt embarrassed for them.

I have fostered about 30 (lost count) kittens for cats protection and am running out of inspiration so don't ask me! One of the other fosterer's kids name the kittens after their classmates lol. My best was a manky persian tom that looked like Shrek the merino, which led to several manky persian toms being Shrek II, III etc

Call it "a Dog"

So you can ask people "Have you seen a Dog?"

and they'll be like "No, but I've seen your cat..." and be like

"yeah, that's a dog"

and then people will be like "That's a nice cat.. what's it's name?" you can say

"it's a dog..."

Hours of fun :bounce:

Call it "a Dog"

So you can ask people "Have you seen a Dog?"

and they'll be like "No, but I've seen your cat..." and be like

"yeah, that's a dog"

and then people will be like "That's a nice cat.. what's it's name?" you can say

"it's a dog..."

Hours of fun :bounce:

I had that conversation with the other half on Friday. I want to get a kitten and puppy and call them Dog and Cat just to confuse people :bow: