placid oscar??

nemines

I recently bought and Oscar and he has an entire tank to himself apart from some platies that I had i had bred for him as a 'welcome gift' :lol: ...but, it's been 3 days and he hasn't touched them

does anyone else have an oscar this lacking in aggression?

thanks in advance

he is waiting till they get bigger :wink:

haha that must be it...they are about to give birth so he must be waiting for the extra fun :lol:

I was getting a little worried when he let the platies share his pellets at the surface but i guess nature will soon take its course.

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

lol. that's awesome. i remember seeing pics on the net a long time ago with this tank that had oscars and neons etc in it, and the smaller fish were not troubled.

you must post pics of this friendly oscar.

I know oscars are very intelligent, mine used to recognise me (as many other owners on the net) - and knew to stay far away from mum, lol.

that is amazing.

my LFS has three black with orange baby oscars and they are AWESome would love them. but dont they need a massive tank and i cant have more than one in a tank can i?

please post pic of you friendly oscar. i think he likes his food a bit much to eat! :lol:

he is totally lovely, what a pretty boy! i mean that nicely ofcourse. he looks awesome. how fast is he growing, the ones i saw are about 3-5cm from nose to tail.

well, i've only had him for about 3-4weeks but i have noticed some significant fin growth but it's hard to tell how fast he's growing since i check on him several times a day...

thanks for all the feedback...he's blushing even redder now :lol:

ok, so much for placid...i guess he's more lazy and clever than anything else! I got up this morning to find a few platy babies and yet no sign of their mother :roll: (Happy Mothers' Day!) ...he must have waited 'til sundown and caught her off her guard :lol:

but i've still got 2 platies plus a few babies...not bad for 3 weeks with an oscar :lol: