February 24, 200917 yr comment_292430 Re; Breeding Angels I have had two successful breeding pairs in the past, but I am stumped on my new pair! :-? My question to you is will two females try to breed? -reason being, I have "white" eggs every-were and no "clear" ones, could this mean unfertile ie two females? or if thats impossible, could it just mean other "mates" in the tank have eaten them or have they fungased? Also what appears to be the female is "pure black" and what appears to be "male'' is nearlly all black but speckled, will I have healthy young? Please dont say why don't you try figure out their gender, cause I have sat down endlessly trying to work it out and I am no good. Thanks for helping in advance Report
February 24, 200917 yr comment_292434 im shure that two females will lay eggs together. but a more experienced angel person can confirm Report
February 24, 200917 yr Author comment_292435 Thank you for your comment, reason I ask is, if there is a great chance that they are male + female, I will set up a new tank for them but if there is a good chance they are two females who are a little fustrated then ill let them be. Report
February 24, 200917 yr comment_292436 yes two females will lay eggs but thats where it stops :oops: Report
February 24, 200917 yr Author comment_292439 Thank you Billaney, one was guarding these white eggs, so could that be a female still or is that a male thing? Report
February 24, 200917 yr comment_292447 Just like discus oscars and some other cichlids 2 females will pair up and breed.. Both will usually guard the fuzzballs that result.. It is very easy to figure out just watch them lay if you can, females bits are big and broad and stick out, males bits are more like little pimples, also if they're both laying eggs its a bad sign. You can usually tell some difference in their bits in the days leading upto spawning too. Report
February 24, 200917 yr comment_292522 Male and female angels also have a different body shape( from the throat to the anal fin) it is clear to see if you have a male and female. Shame you don't have side on pic's Report
February 24, 200917 yr comment_292563 In my experience (somewhat limited mind you) Females guard the eggs very aggresively and often won't let the male anywhere near them. Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292576 Male and female angels also have a different body shape( from the throat to the anal fin) it is clear to see if you have a male and female. Shame you don't have side on pic's Can you please explain the difference in the body shape.? Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_292617 Some photos, will add them slowly, sorry I own a cheap camera Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292621 I like!!! do you wanna sell them? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_292625 If they are male & female, I wont be keeping the young so ill let you know, and it took me years to find just these ones and keep them alive, blacks are hard to keep IMO Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292626 Na, pic's have to be full on side view and no flash in the way :lol: , try again Stu Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_292627 Thats difficult, as you can see my tanks are grubby and you can hardly see haha will try again. Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292632 clean that glass :lol: before i come over armed with my glass cleaner and handy towels Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292634 put macro on. its the lille flower icon thing.keep the tank lights on but the background (being behind you) lights off. then try a pic with the flash on and then off. the fish is beautiful though. i know of a few on here that are hunting for black angels. Report
February 25, 200917 yr comment_292636 Yep, looks like a pair to me as mentioned > marble is male > black is female. Report
February 25, 200917 yr Author comment_292643 YAY :bounce: Stu, happy to hear, now I have to try get them in the mood, but not the hungry mood don't want them eating there eggs. This is a lovely pair, so keep an ear open I may have some young ones (hopefully pure black) available soon. Phoenix, I don't have a macro lens, just a cheap $299 Nikon little hand thing, i'm suprised if it has more than 4pixels Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.