February 9, 200917 yr comment_289762 Hi all Should I be worried about this? Normally I keep my tank at 25, now due to the warm temperature the tank goes to 28 without the heater, it starts at 27 in the morning and heats up to 28 by the evening. What's your temperature like? Do I need to do anything? Cheers Report
February 9, 200917 yr comment_289766 Well, what fish do you have? Some will easily handle that, My geos dont seem to worry here. Report
February 9, 200917 yr comment_289768 _________________ 135L Tank, Fluval 405 6X Columbian Tetras,2X Angelfish, 2X Siamese Algae Eaters, 2 X Golden Black-eye Ancistrus, 1X Peacock Eel in signature Report
February 9, 200917 yr comment_289779 My tank hits 28.5 during the day and my dwarf flags are breeding and laying eggs and raising fry, so I don't think high temps are too much of a worry. In their natural habitat I think it gets a lot hotter and more humid than we get to, so can probably stand it for short periods. Report
February 9, 200917 yr comment_289797 My tanks have been getting to 28C too, though I have the heaters set at 26. So far the fish seem okay (touch wood!) Report
February 9, 200917 yr comment_289805 Those Temps will be fine Just increase your aeration if your really worried Its mainly Lake Tang's that suffer from heat Brad Report
February 12, 200917 yr comment_290400 My tank is set to 22 and it gets up to 28 also. All my fish seem fine :bounce: Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_290486 as long as you have plenty of aeration those temps are going to be fine Its really once the tanks get over 30 that your going to have problems Brad Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_290491 My loaches are loving life at 29-30C, although I usually run their tank at 27C so its not that big a jump... Report
February 13, 200917 yr comment_290532 one thing i did was just turn the tank up to 28 in summer, never got much over this but there was never a big temp swing which i think is more of a problem. Report
February 14, 200917 yr comment_290588 There is unlikely to be a big "temperature swing" because of warm weather anyway. If the tank does heat up above its usual temperature it will do so gradually enough that it won't bother the fish. Report
February 15, 200917 yr comment_290936 I have my tank at 28 degrees (pandering to the loaches). I'm surprised how often I notice the heater on, even in this weather! Report
February 18, 200917 yr comment_291570 My heater was not calibrated properly and tank temp was 31 C for about a month ! Fish seems ok. Adjusted my heater temp. Now I get 27C in am and 29C in afternoon. This is because of the hot weather, and not the heater. Report
February 19, 200917 yr comment_291583 My heater was not calibrated properly and tank temp was 31 C for about a month ! Fish seems ok. Adjusted my heater temp. Now I get 27C in am and 29C in afternoon. This is because of the hot weather, and not the heater. Which is why it's common knowledge to NEVER use the guage on the side of the heater to set its temperature. Report
February 22, 200917 yr Author comment_291973 Agreed always have thermometers to read temperature from, never trust the heater. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.