February Aquarium World

Caryl

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will do Jim. Perhaps I should say no more magazines for you until you send an article! :lol:

Mel are you interested in killies? They are a postal only club. We have a number of members who do not live locally although this makes it very difficult to have quorums at meetings! :(

Have a look at the club section and work out the nearest to you. You may join a club, even if it is too far away for you to be able to participate in meetings.

Zev I was A postie in Rotorua (got bitten once too often :cry: ).

Caryl,fair comment but I promise honestly :wink:

Sarah I am glad you are my friend otherwise I would have been obliged to strangle Chris( I did not know you had stirring qualities).

Now I must leave and make a (humongous) effort to start this face saving article. :roll:

Don't shoot me for this - But I don't see the point in joining a club that I can't go to, seems the closest is the kapati one but thats like an hour or so away (petrol prices makes that very unaffordable).

Whats the advantages of joining a club? what do you do at these clubs?

sorry for all the Q's -just want to know what I'm getting myself into :D

If you don't join a club, the Aquarium World will cost you $24.00 per year.

IF you join a club:

Kapi Mana is $20.00 for a single per year, plus you will get their newsletters.

NZKA is a postal club and it will cost you $25.00 for a single membership, plus monthly newsletter (about Killiefish, of course)

Aquarium World is free.

Also when you join a club you will receive a FNZAS membership card which can be used to get discount at some LFS.

quoting jimr

Sarah I am glad you are my friend otherwise I would have been obliged to strangle Chris( I did not know you had stirring qualities).

Hey!! I just laughed at what Zev said, I didn't write it...remember, I just laughed! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also when you join a club you will receive a FNZAS membership card which can be used to get discount at some LFS.

None in Palmy sadly.

I joined Caryl's club, seemed easiest at the time.

I do think there is little need these days for local clubs, what with the internet and all. I am not saying the local clubs should end (I envy people living in areas with strong clubs!) but the amount of work required to run every little club is enormous, hence lots of keen people and no club in Palmy.

I would love to see the federation change to allow people to join the federation. It wouldn't undermine local clubs, but I think it would strengthen the actual federation.

Anyway, I know it is unlikely to happen for a while yet.

Mel, just join the cheapest club ;)

None in Palmy sadly.

Then perhaps you should get a club started and negotiate this with some of the shops?

As I understand the Palmerston North club is in recess, so the bulk of the paperwork is probably already done.

Then perhaps you should get a club started and negotiate this with some of the shops?

As I understand the Palmerston North club is in recess, so the bulk of the paperwork is probably already done.

The attitude there is the same as here,

The store say, "why should we give you discount for being a member of a club, where else you gonna go to buy your fish stuff"

That is what I got told when I did some asking

PM me a reminder of your name and address supersi as I am sure I sent one to you! Unless I have you confused with someone else :roll:

There isn't that much work in running a club quite frankly, if everyone does their bit.