airsoft

snake kid

you need to be eighteen or be sixteen with a gun liscense to buy and own guns but under age players can use parents equpment only on a lisenced field or under close adult supervision on your own property although some people feel bad shooting children even when you know that you are competing. I have no problem shooting adults though LOL! :lol:

ive never really got into airsoft, used to have bb wars with my brother but its no where near as thrilling as paintball, getting hit by a .68 calibre (sp) paintball at 300 fps in the right place HURTS!!!!

i dont imagine they are terribly accurate or have much distance, but then again ive never seen the fancy guns in action

I'm not sure how you do it in New Zealand, In the states you can be 16yrs old or younger in you can find a clerk to run the sale. That being said use basic firearm saftey with them, my daughter shot my youngest son with one no harm done except a red mark but you should have heard him scream lol. Seriously tho treat it like a real firearm and you should have no probs.

i havnt heard of airsoft taking off in nz but i do know of some clubs that 'play' RAM (real action marker) i had a guy try talk me into comeing along to a meeting but got a bit scared off. if i rember rightly the projectiles are the same size as a paintball, go twice as fast, and is made from rubber. they dress up in full kit much like what you see on computer games like counter strike.

It's an awesome game. My ex used to play professional paintball (yes, apparently there are people who enjoy being hit with hard lumps of paint) but always wanted to get into airsoft. There are heaps of clubs around, why not google the rules etc, and see what's near you?

Pick up a copy of the New Zealand Firearms Code (Free from any cop shop or Firearms Dealer) Also Police put out "Starting With Airguns " Manual. Lists contact details of clubs and organisations. Hope this helps.

I have never bothered with "soft air" or paintballs..but I LOVE my .22 rimfire! Cheap ammo, Indoor target club all year round. Subsonics outside are quieter than most high power air rifles. New Zealand is a great place to live! Shoot straight, shoot sober.

no thanks I'm already a member of a club currently I am using a 500 FPS

(feet per second) sniper rifle, kalashnicoff AK-47 firing 320 FPS and a sig sauer glock 17 going 180 FPS those guns are just rental but am getting my own stuff through the week. was heaps of fun just had our first game

not true I am only 12 that is only to buy guns what happens is you fill out a waiver which they will email you and bring it with you on your first game along with your parent. now buying guns the best thing to do is find the nearest club to you and try the differen't guns they have there your parents will need to buy the guns for you and of the airsoft field will need to watch you while you shoot when your on the airsoft field this does not apply and you are free to do what you want with in the clubs rules although some clubs simply will not allow underage members with the rules of there club.