Xbox 360 vs. PS3

FreedingFrenzy

the 360 has a led behind the power button and when theres a fault it goes red, usually green.

ya have ta send it back to microsoft/manufacturer to fix it unless your smart.

graphics are better on Xbox, games are different so check what games you'd like and go from that i reckon. also PS3 has built in hard drive, Xbox has removable ones, so you can have a big collection of hard drives.

theres games on both i like so i just got both. :)

at the moment Xbox is cheaper, there was a deal for 3 games and 60GB hard drive for $450, PS3 was 600-800 i think.

there's a rumour round that PS3 prices are driopping in march as well.

X Box has the redundant HDDVD player, whereas PS3 is Blueray.

Rumour has nothing to do with it. Do you seriously think Sony would announce a price drop in 6 months time.that would just kill sales. Sony aint one of the biggest electronics companies for nothing.

I have a ps3 and a wii, and for the games I like, the wii is so much better! I wouldn't buy an xbox because so many people I know have had major problems with them. Graphics wise, they're pretty similar, so you're best to pick the one that has the games you most want to play. Maybe you could rent one of both and see what you like better.

I would go for the PS3

It has Blu Ray as earlier stated.

Sony encourages you to upgrade the HDD yourself if you want a bigger drive, and they provide the instructions on how as well.

has HDMI port at the back so you can have FULL HD pictures.

It's NOT microsoft. :lol:

Games are better.

You can get a wireless keyboard for it now, See this wednesdays The Warehouse flyer.

I could go on, but I don't want to bore you.

Wii is a heck of a lot of fun though. :roll:

X Box has the redundant HDDVD player, whereas PS3 is Blueray.

Rumour has nothing to do with it. Do you seriously think Sony would announce a price drop in 6 months time.that would just kill sales. Sony aint one of the biggest electronics companies for nothing.

and that is why bill gates dosent worri a bout droping 10g on the ground cos buy the time he bends over to pick it up he has made 10times what he droped that is why every single computa is running microsoft now. what one is bigger? lol

price is not allways better and it took sony 3yrs to get the software for the ps3 to work properly and then in the first yr they recoiled over 600 of them cos they wouldnt ply all the games

Sure they recalled lots of the PS3s, but at least they recalled them and fixed the problem. Thats why 2 yrs down the track, the xbox still has the 'ring of death' problem! Microsoft is a funny corporation though, they're being slaughtered by Apple right now.

Right.

okay, so I know ps3s are awesome on HD tvs, problem is when I move out of home there is no way in hell i'll have an HD tv. And ive read reviews that state when played on older tvs it has absolute crap quality.

As for games, I don't mind... Although PS3 is the only one that has singstar (correct me if im wrong)...

I also read that only the 80gb versions of ps3 can play ps2 games - is this correct? Because i had a friend tell me that ps3s cannot play ps2 games at all.

what are same games that are unique to xbox 360 and ps3 respectively?

Right.

okay, so I know ps3s are awesome on HD tvs, problem is when I move out of home there is no way in hell i'll have an HD tv. And ive read reviews that state when played on older tvs it has absolute crap quality.

The Xbox360 elite also has HDMI, anything on a crap TV looks crap, and the graphics are only limited to the games, some games have better quality than others, if you have Pong on a PS3 its still gonna look like Pong.

As for games, I don't mind... Although PS3 is the only one that has singstar (correct me if im wrong)...

Thats correct, but i think theres similar games coming out not, not 100% sure though.

I also read that only the 80gb versions of ps3 can play ps2 games - is this correct? Because i had a friend tell me that ps3s cannot play ps2 games at all.

the 40GB should but you'll need patches that you download, and might want to check up on NTSC games/movies (the ones from america and japan if you wish to play them, alot of games we can't get are awesome)

i know this was the case between the 40GB and 60GB, not sure bout the 80GB

what are same games that are unique to xbox 360 and ps3 respectively?

Xbox: as stated above, but also Fable 2.

PS3: Metal gear solid, gran turismo, grand theft auto??, final fantasy....., dance dance revolution:P < i hate that game lol

the lists go on, but wot knida games are you wanting? Racing, RPG, platform, shooters,

check out graphics comparisons here, may be more comparisons on the site as well.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6201700/index.html?tag=topslot;img;2