Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first blue is second generation, a strike of good luck, as we have only had the tank a year & a half and no real birth control method. :-? Unfortunately most of the other fry he came with had a lot of yellow and were given away.

We are novices learning as we progress, many mixed colours (motley crew).

The black delta was care of LFS, and has some young coming through. Hope to progess further with blues.

shiuh - Great to see another Architecture Student out there in the fish world.

I was chasing my guppies around for a good 10 minutes (even after having the lights off for an hour) and didn't get good pics of the guys I wanted to shoot. I'll put up a few pics though...

This is a nice delta male I got from boxersrus - not necessarily a strain but the metallic blue/green on the body with the snakeskin tail is a NICE combo. Tail is small, but I hope to breed better ones.

MetalBlue.jpg

Yellow King Cobra/Snakeskin - body usually has more black patterning, lights were off

snakeskin.jpg

This is a brand new delta male and he was a present from lollipop9 - has a yellow/orange tail with a few lines and dots; but the body has a white leopard pattern, really nice. Bad picture, he wouldn't hold still.

WayFastWhitey.jpg

That's it for now!

DAMN! Your saying that I am going to have to move north!!!

The petstore down here has such plane boring guppies and very rearly have nice ones like that. The main colours we get down here are combos of yellow, orange, red and black all on the one fish. Normaly a light blackish colour body with yellow and orange fins or golden body with orange. Quite boring compaired to what you guys show off on here lol :D

Must get some nice colour combos :D

• 3 weeks later...

This is my 2 Sailfin Mollys, The white one is HUGE ready to pop any hour/minute/second? anyway here is some pics, sorry about the quality they were taken on my phone.

I only have these 2 females and one male but hundreds of fry from the last batch or two, which i am keeping about 5 females and 2 males that I like out of them.

PregnantSailfinMollys.jpg

WhitepregnantSailfinMolly3.jpg

WhitepregnantSailfinMolly.jpg

WhitepregnantSailfinMolly2.jpg

I hope you like them, and if you live in Brisbane QLD Aust, then I will have heaps for sale soon.

dee_jay I used to have two female Mollies that looked exactly like that! What are the odds eh? I didn't have a male though, and they started biting each other - they would always spaz out and splash a lot after they were bitten and then one day the White one disappeared. I assumed it jumped and my cat got it. Gave the orange/black one to a friend of mine who has some males.