Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mpontin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mpontin

  1. mpontin replied to mpontin's topic in Catfish
    they have white dots on the end of their fins too
  2. mpontin replied to mpontin's topic in Catfish
    Thanks - def L088 You can clearly see the blue eyes in that 1st picture
  3. mpontin replied to mpontin's topic in Catfish
    yes I bought from Jansens & Hollywoods. Will let you know - still trying to track down an L number if you can help??
  4. mpontin replied to mpontin's topic in Catfish
    sorry dunno how to post pictures - a bit thick...
  5. mpontin replied to mpontin's topic in Catfish
    whe they are settled and not stressed they are jet black - with a blue tinted eyes - I think they look good, better than the usual brown bristlenose or G(yawn)BA
  6. If anyone is interested please look at the auction - very cheap http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=78590107
  7. mpontin posted a topic in Catfish
    Has anyone else bred them - not GBA - pure black ancistrus.
  8. trying to breed them
  9. as long as you have room and plenty of plants - and of course everyone is well fed - should be OK as a temporary measure. Good trick with those Swords is also regular water changes - I do a 20% change a few times per week.
  10. Jonathan - if I was you I would keep the Swords in a single species tank! Especially when trying to breed! Matt
  11. the fish were bred in NZ - tank bred and far stronger than imports. The original strain was imported. Imported fish - as we all know - can be a wee bit fickle - these were brd in NZ water in NZ tanks under NZ conditions (No hormones etc) Hope this clears things up Matt
  12. http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Pe ... 852928.htm
  13. sorry dont like to ship fish - sorry
  14. On trademe if anyone is interested! Thanks
  15. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    none on list at present - I check every Monday!
  16. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    Dont think I would be able to ever ship fish - dont like to take the risk Sorry
  17. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    1 Albino Koi Sword now for sale - posted it on Trademe I have a few spare so am selling 1 for now.
  18. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    still building up the stock sorry!
  19. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    Has anyone else had any success with the Albino Koi swords? I am also breeding the standard Koi Swords. Had a good brood of 30 babies this week. Would be keen to hear from others breeding albino koi / koi swordtails? Matt
  20. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    Not looking to sell any yet - still building the stock - but would be keen to get more Females and trade a few males. thanks though
  21. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    Anyone fancy trading some males for females - I have a good stock of males but could do with a few more Females.
  22. mpontin replied to shiuh's topic in Livebearers
    I have also managed to breed the Albino Koi Swords - they generally have a small fry of 5-8 Now growing up my 5th spawning
  23. No thanks mate! Heaps of Guppies!!!! When they grow up a bit though I can get some to you for free..
  24. Still alittle early to tell wit the Koi's - but as we know the will address the balance if they are only female... Yes first dibs to you - reckon in 6 months they will be going!
  25. I have 6 Coffee Lyre Tail mollies 8 Pineapple Swords (135 babies!) 36 Albino Koi Sword Tails more guppies than I can count! Matt

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.