Post some pics of you livebearers!

livebearer_breeder

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is grass snakeskin maybe?

Came out of my red snakeskins and I almost tossed it when I saw unlike the red snakeskins the snakeskin patern goes right through the body and into the caudal.I have mated him with 4 of his sisters and have his daughters from them (2nd) almost about to drop.Not many males came out looking like him in the first drop.Should have better luck with his daughters.

The last photo is a H/B yellow.Very consistant strain, but the males are smaller than my other strains and the yellow is much better when they are young and their tails are smaller.I also have gold bodies as well from this line which show the yellow much better.The other night I noticed a spade tail in the last drop.Might be interesting if someone wants to try and fix it.

Very nice looking Guppy.

I have been trying to produce a male non H/B like yours for a while by using different crosses with my H/B reds and fish from my Snakeskin line that are occasionally born without the snake patern, but because in my strains the H/B is dominant in both sexes it has been very tank consuming.

Heres the only Livebearers I currently own.......I did have some guppies at one stage...and my Puffers loved them!!!! :o

celebes.jpg

For those who are un-aware they are Celebes Halfbeaks (Nomorhamphus Liemi Liemi) and from what i've read/heard they are quite hard to breed successfully, The gestation period for fry is about 8 weeks, but in most cases they will be stillborn at about 4-5 weeks

I currently have 1 male and 4 females....

ChrisMack

Kritter Kingdom in Chch is where I got them from,I was in there on Saturday, and theres none left (bugger it...I was gonna get some more)

They are very steeply priced for a livebearer being $20 per fish!!!!

Oh yeah...you visit my site (link below) for more info on them.....Sorry for the site being a Work In Progress

ChrisMack

• 2 weeks later...