Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

blue phantom Vs cucumber

Featured Replies

I like the table manners of your plecs Firenz :)

What do you use to anchor the cucumber? I throw bits in and my pleco hops on board and rides the waves while he eats, lol. Unfortunately for him, the silver dollars like cucumber too.

HMmmmm here comes the stupid question but how do you make the cucumber sink? I threw in half of a green cucumber yesterday for my guys and it just floated and course they wudnt touch it until it was anchored down under driftwood.lol Do you use a different type of cucumber?

HMmmmm here comes the stupid question but how do you make the cucumber sink? I threw in half of a green cucumber yesterday for my guys and it just floated and course they wudnt touch it until it was anchored down under driftwood.lol Do you use a different type of cucumber?

Great shots guys. Very nice plecos.

You have to weigh down the cucumber (or zuchini for that matter) to get it to sink. Spear it with a teaspoon (handle first) and that should do the trick. I use stainless staples that I got from smashing the handles of measuring spoons.

  • 4 months later...

id love a tank full of plecos and cats,but dont have a tank large enough. how do they go with fighting fish?

ur photos look awesome.

will have to get a HUGE tank one day as i know they grow massive and id hate to give mine away coz the tank is too small.

my plecos never eat the skin! any ideas why???

do you get NZ cucumbers or telegraph ones ? I think the skin is a lot tougher on the NZ ones, though it may not make a difference.

My bristlenoses eat the soft fleshy part first, then the skin later (if I leave it in there). I suspect it's just that the skin is tougher so it's easier to eat the flesh first.

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.