November 13, 200817 yr Author comment_274385 umm sometimes they do and sometimes they dont maybe if they are well fed they dont not sure really Report
November 13, 200817 yr comment_274418 I insist that my guys have good manners and eat together at dinner. your guy is very messy- uggggh! Report
November 13, 200817 yr Author comment_274431 id love to have that firenzenz but alas all mine are selfish and hog the food Report
November 14, 200817 yr comment_274640 I like the table manners of your plecs Firenz What do you use to anchor the cucumber? I throw bits in and my pleco hops on board and rides the waves while he eats, lol. Unfortunately for him, the silver dollars like cucumber too. Report
November 15, 200817 yr comment_274658 HMmmmm here comes the stupid question but how do you make the cucumber sink? I threw in half of a green cucumber yesterday for my guys and it just floated and course they wudnt touch it until it was anchored down under driftwood.lol Do you use a different type of cucumber? Report
November 15, 200817 yr comment_274680 HMmmmm here comes the stupid question but how do you make the cucumber sink? I threw in half of a green cucumber yesterday for my guys and it just floated and course they wudnt touch it until it was anchored down under driftwood.lol Do you use a different type of cucumber? Great shots guys. Very nice plecos. You have to weigh down the cucumber (or zuchini for that matter) to get it to sink. Spear it with a teaspoon (handle first) and that should do the trick. I use stainless staples that I got from smashing the handles of measuring spoons. Report
April 14, 200917 yr comment_300844 id love a tank full of plecos and cats,but dont have a tank large enough. how do they go with fighting fish? ur photos look awesome. will have to get a HUGE tank one day as i know they grow massive and id hate to give mine away coz the tank is too small. Report
April 14, 200917 yr Author comment_300860 mine are in a 5 foot tank so not that big but big enough for now 8) Report
April 16, 200917 yr comment_301233 my plecos never eat the skin! any ideas why??? do you get NZ cucumbers or telegraph ones ? I think the skin is a lot tougher on the NZ ones, though it may not make a difference. Report
April 16, 200917 yr comment_301251 My bristlenoses eat the soft fleshy part first, then the skin later (if I leave it in there). I suspect it's just that the skin is tougher so it's easier to eat the flesh first. Report
May 7, 200917 yr comment_305100 I find the lead things that weigh down bunches of plants work well at sinking veges Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.