its been a bad day

smcoleman

its been a bad day had to work a 13 hour day to come home to a lounge fill of water the nice display tank broke lost all the water bout 250 litres all the fish dead filters running dry . everything in the lounge is wet right throw 2 cameras dianes laptop mine was wasnt on the floor for a change bottom of all the seats everything . wot sucks the most the tanks just ove a year old the silicone along the back pain gave way by the looks of it

its been a bad day had to work a 13 hour day to come home to a lounge fill of water the nice display tank broke lost all the water bout 250 litres all the fish dead filters running dry . everything in the lounge is wet right throw 2 cameras dianes laptop mine was wasnt on the floor for a change bottom of all the seats everything . wot sucks the most the tanks just ove a year old the silicone along the back pain gave way by the looks of it

Im feeling ya, this has happened to me twice in 2 weeks,,, :cry::cry:

im going to ring them tomorrow bout it im not to worryed bout the tank its the fish we lost an the price to replace both cameras an laptop

Should be covered under the Consumers Guarantee Act. The product you purchased has not fulfilled the purpose it was bought for..... Containing water!

I dont think the Act covers consequential damages though. Surely HFF will have some form of Liability Insurance though.

Good luck

i used to work at noel leemings and went over the act several times, Consequential Loss is covered under the consumers guarantees act.

it won't be covered if it is a tank to be used outdoors, your a business. etc you can probably find more info if you search Consequential Loss consumer guarantees act.

so if this is one of those nice looking display tanks and only a year old, and it was the seal that gave way then it will be covered.

you may need to make sure there is a warranty for the seals, im not sure what retail warranty for seals are, or whether it states it lasts 10 years.

the carpet, furniture should be covered, not sure about laptop and cameras as they "should" be kept off the floor in a safe place or sum bull like that, fish - maybe they may just provide you with some more but not necessarily breeders......

just found a site with a bit of info for ya a bit long but you can read over it. http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/cons ... lloss.html

my best advice is to check some consumer sites, or mite find some free consumer advice phone numbers or email addy's.

hope all goes well for you.

oh yeah you may need to go straight to the manufacturer for the consequential loss, so if it was an aqua one tank etc, you may need to call the guys who make aqua one tanks, but you should be able to goto hollywoods and they contact the manufacturer.

would be good if you have a lawyer friend to talk to, or someone thats very familiar with the act, and knows all the loophole's