blue tounges really this time

snake kid

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use outdoor carpet, that way it is easy to hose down when it comes to cleaning. I use carpet in my beardies with half covered in sand - so it looks natural enough and don't feed on the sand if you go that way. I kept blue tongues for quite a while, I guess the outdor carpet would be safer - you can buy from any of hardware companies and if you get the right colour it will look as natural as can be. Good luck

I tried locusts a while back, had to give them to the beardie after a few days sitting on the blue tongues heads hanging out 8)

all I do for the blue tongues is give snails out of the garden( make sure there is no snail bait around), collect heaps on a night like this, also give them mealworms once and a while.

Mainly they eat a varied diet of vegetables, egg, dog food, weeds from the garden and vitamin/calcium supplements.

This is whty they are a great reptile to start with.

I would like to see one catch a locust?a cockroach would be mission impossible.
img05863966605uo2.th.jpgthpix.gif you just need some food for them :D That was before he knew they were food and thought they were his friend lol

he chases them all the time and gets them, gets abit of exersize

yea insects are good but they dont seem to charf them bak like the bearded dragons do and need

bt's seem to give up chase pretty quick if they show any interest in the first place.

you can hand feed them insects but they dont really go mad over them, snails they do but even they can sometimes get away (possibly just offering to many) lol

take the legs off crickets/locusts and put in a dish/mix in with sallad/fruit and meat etc. sometimes i take there heads off crix to as they hve decent chompers on em :lol:

otherwise meat, vege, egg, snails, banana etc seem all good

I have a really good word document on what is good to feed them and how oftern but I cant post it up? Its off the bluetonugeskinks.net website but i cant seem to find it again

I can email it to you if you want or if sombody knows how to attach it?

mayb try putting it in a shared folder then posting the link to the folder here, just make sure theres nothing in the folder you dont want to share lol.

otherwise try puting it on photobucket and posting it as a pic here.

just a couple of ideas dont know if it will work.

i would be ineterested in a copy also