Out of Interest ??

Johannes Visser

Johannes & I as many of you know are very much into the some things

We both love fish keeping and its challenges :bow: We have special fish that are his and others are mine.

Are there any other couples that share the same passion about fish keeping? How do you manage to share the fish and up keep of the tanks !

Lynn :wink:

My husband didn't like the amount of time I spent on fish until he gave me a 5ft tank last Christmas. I filled it up with his choice of fish - not mine, and now he doesn't mind at all :D I do all the cleaning and feeding but if asked he will carry tanks and water within reason so all good!

My boy was always interested when I started keeping freshwaters, and especially so when I set up my first marine tank (despite being a bit skeptical at first about costs, etc), now he has his own 900+L reeftank that he spends WAY more time and $$$ on than he does on me! :lol: :lol: I alternate between being impressed/proud, & exasperated, lol :D

The tank and all responsibility for it belongs to me. I spend my own money and don't have to explain it to my partner, which is great! (He also has an expensive hobby so it works the other way too.)

The only thing he comments on is how much time I spend on the interweb talking about fish, looking at fish-related products and dreaming about my 'perfect' tank. He laughs at me for that, but in a kind way.

He does enjoy watching the fish, he knows some of their names and asks after their health, which I find very endearing. :) He also buys me Animates gift vouchers on special occasions - good boy! :D

"our's" if other people are admiring them, or mine when it come's to cleaning or if she feel's like a moan about the money they consume?! :roll:

I can relate to that. ;)

I'm trying to get her a bit more interested, she's got a little tank with "Pinky" the convict, but she is flat out studying this year for her final CA exam so hasn't got much time to look after it.